• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• iPhone 4G

http://gizmodo.com/5520164/this-is-apples-next-iphone

nuff said, no go jizz your pants :row__787:

Life's too short to live it fast.

Re: iPhone 4G

Interestingly enough, I read a report on the pure hardware specs that the new iphone will be carrying. Still less power than the nexus one, which came out several months ago, and the camera power is still less than the droid incredible which comes out on the 29th. I'm not impressed.

Comment

What's odd is that although the Nexus One is more powerful, the iPhone OS still runs smoother and seems more polished. I still refuse to go Apple, though. I <3 my Android. No Apple overlords telling me what I can and can't do with my own phone!

This 4G iPhone will still be a very good phone, I'm sure. It will take away some of my ammo for all my smack-talk with my iPhone using friends.
      "Common sense is not so common." -Voltaire

Comment

Some more news on it:

The Tale of Apple's Next iPhone

And speaking of the droid incredible, engadget really likes it and reviewed it yesterday:
        Droid Incredible review

LINKS

Stoop and you'll be stepped on; stand tall and you'll be shot at.

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Comment

Just an update for those that haven't been keeping up.
          The cops raided the Gizmodo editor's home and took all his tech, using what may turn out to be an illegal warrant.
          Crazy thing is Gizmodo returned the prototype last week when apple asked for it back (after they had told Giz it wasn't even an Iphone and they didn't want it)

Well now Jon Stewart has a pretty good segment on it:
          http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/we...-2010/appholes

The funny thing is the other night at dinner when I was talking to the wife about dumping ATT (talked about in another thread here), I was trying to explain the story to the wife about the prototype, and I explained about how Apple used to be the company telling the "MAN" where to go, and now they are the "MAN" and are telling the cops to kick in doors.

LINKS

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Comment

Originally posted by Ferris Bueller View Post
            Interestingly enough, I read a report on the pure hardware specs that the new iphone will be carrying. Still less power than the nexus one, which came out several months ago, and the camera power is still less than the droid incredible which comes out on the 29th. I'm not impressed.
            • Hardware specs do not matter -- perceived performance and user experience matter.
            • There is no such thing as camera power. If you are referring image resolution, the number of megapixels in a camera stops being an issue at around 5mp at which point the glass and cmos quality are much more important.
            Twisted Firestarter
            a.k.a |TG| Harkonian
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Twisted_Firestarter View Post
              • Hardware specs do not matter -- perceived performance and user experience matter.
              • There is no such thing as camera power. If you are referring image resolution, the number of megapixels in a camera stops being an issue at around 5mp at which point the glass and cmos quality are much more important.
              1. Hardware specs DO matter. If they didnt, why isnt the original iphone, 3G or 3GS getting the full amount of the iPOS4 update? I find it hilarious coming from someone with computer experience saying that hardware doesnt matter.
              2. There was no need to nitpick that. Everyone knows exactly what I meant when I said camera power. Considering apple is trying to be game changers with the 4G, why dont they do something along the lines of the android phones that are coming out with carl zeiss optics for the camera? Obviously, the phone isnt meant to be a super-camera, but if you're Apple and going to brag about an "improved camera" being a selling point, but half the competing phones on the market are above and beyond yours, its a failure to anyone except the fanboys.

Comment

1. Hardware specs DO matter. If they didnt, why isnt the original iphone, 3G or 3GS getting the full amount of the iPOS4 update? I find it hilarious coming from someone with computer experience saying that hardware doesnt matter.
                Hardware specs matter to you and me. They don't matter to the average user. They don't care how fast or slow the phone cpu is, as long as the UI and the apps they typically use render smoothly. Beyond that, they don't care. Your assertion was that the iPhone was inferior to the Android based on specs. I'm saying that is a useless comparison--if the android has a cpu that is 2x as fast the the iphone's, but the UI is laggy and unresponsive then the android isn't a better phone. Now if you said that the iphone was inferior because the framerate in Plants vs Zombies on the iPhone is 80% of that of the Android or the average app launch time is 2 seconds faster on the Android, then those are valid assertions.

2. There was no need to nitpick that. Everyone knows exactly what I meant when I said camera power. Considering apple is trying to be game changers with the 4G, why dont they do something along the lines of the android phones that are coming out with carl zeiss optics for the camera? Obviously, the phone isnt meant to be a super-camera, but if you're Apple and going to brag about an "improved camera" being a selling point, but half the competing phones on the market are above and beyond yours, its a failure to anyone except the fanboys.
                I find it likely that android phones _do_ have superior photo image quality. I never stated differently. What I said was you can't reach that conclusion based on looking at the number of MP.

I wasn't defending Apple. Just pointing out that your assertions weren't necessarily true, for the reasons I gave. That doesn't make me a fanboy, merely someone who doesn't like vague, unqualified statements.
                Twisted Firestarter
                a.k.a |TG| Harkonian
                sigpic

Comment

Want to know what makes Bamboo's heart go all a-flutter?
                  This does:
                  http://www.grovemade.com/collections/artist

My finger will be hitting the Add To Cart button on the Tree design if I end up going with ATT and an Iphone 4g when my contract is up.
                  You can even have them do one in your own design.

LINKS

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Comment

Word is floating around that AT&T has a 5-year exclusive contract with Apple, which does not expire this year. Trying to track down the validity of it.

"Everytime I read your posts I do it with Morgan Freeman's voice in my head as if he is narrating your life" - Aimed

Comment

This looks like a really good option for folks with a 4g
                      Replace The Glass On Your iPhone 4 With Metal

LINKS

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                      X