HELP ! i have a virus

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HELP ! i have a virus

Guys i need help my Game rig has a virus its called "Digital protection" ! i have tryed running in safe mode to try and delete it but i cant . i run Malwaresbytes in safe mode and it deletes 1 file i restart but it still wont run vista right ? i cant open anything or connect to the net any ideas PLZ !!

Re: HELP ! i have a virus

OK, we'll need a bit more information.

When you say "won't run vista" do you mean it will only boot in safe mode? What happens when you try to start the computer normally? Post the exact text of any error messages you get.
    Also, please post the name of the file Malwarebytes removes (or better yet, the Malwarebytes scan log output)
    Have you tried re-running Malwarebytes? If so, does it again find and remove the exact same file? (a sure sign it's not completely removing the infection)

Who needs a life when you can have a heavy bolter?
    --BlackMirror
    <23:03:38> "|TG|Smachin<BF Admin>" was kicked from the server by "|TG-70th| Zhohar" (UNDERAGE ban.)
    Anything over $600, and it would be pointless to try and reason with Grandma
    --Blackraven93

Comment

sorry not the best with info... vista runs at start but then i get all these fake alerts then a fake scan i get a green sheild icon on my toolbar plus it added
      to shortcuts to my desktop. i cant connect to the internet to update my Malwarebytes http://www.virusremovalguru.com/?p=6053 thats what i have
      keep getting popups ohh and my soundcard wont work ?

Comment

Do the removal instructions you'd linked to not work, then?

Who needs a life when you can have a heavy bolter?
        --BlackMirror
        <23:03:38> "|TG|Smachin<BF Admin>" was kicked from the server by "|TG-70th| Zhohar" (UNDERAGE ban.)
        Anything over $600, and it would be pointless to try and reason with Grandma
        --Blackraven93

Comment

no they do not ?

Comment

"can't get on internet" - did you run safe mode with networking or just safe mode?

you may have more than one virus, but here is a "guide" to remove the one you mentioned.
            http://www.geekpolice.net/malware-re...ide-t20795.htm

If that doesn't work you can try here.

http://forums.majorgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=35407
            Last edited by DaViking; 04-21-2010, 10:36 AM.
            Viking

Comment

Digital protection should be removable with the latest version of Malwarebytes. Grab the latest version on a different pc, throw it on a CD or flash drive and install it from safe mode.

Also I know from experience that combofix will remove it, but I don't recommended it for general use, as usually it will fubar your .exe association after removal and require a registry fix. It's also not x64.
              a.k.a. NinjaPirateAssassin
              Celibacy is not Hereditary.
              Everybody should believe in something - I believe I'll have another drink.
              Happiness is like wetting your pants, everyone can see it but only you can feel the warmth.
              Flying is easy, Just throw yourself at the ground and miss!

Comment

did you try system restore yet?
                |TG-Irr| di1lweed1212

Comment

get AVG

Comment

it wont let me do system restore !

Comment

Originally posted by seg[TDev] View Post
                      get AVG
                      no don't it stinks, i used it and i had a virus even though i scanned the file and it came clean, i started the .exe and then i had like the ultimate virus lol oh the virus i had erased the system checkpoints
                      |TG-Irr| di1lweed1212

Comment

This solution relies completely on you being able to get on to the internet in safe mode so ignore it if you cant.
                        Make sure and back up any important files before doing anything.

1. Hit F8 at start and choose safe mode with networking.
                        2. Turn off system restore so the virus cannot reinstall itself from there.
                        3. Go [http://www.eset.com/online-scanner]here[/url] and scan your system. Make sure you choose to scan your entire computer and choose all scanning options.
                        4. Once finished, you might try bitdefender's online scanner as well.
                        5. If the system is cleaned, make sure and turn back on system restore.

I hope this helps.

Comment

I had my cousin come over he is a computer tech guy and after a hour working on it looks like its off , still have the odd internet crash but i will work on it thx guys for the tips !

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                          X