Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Google Streetview Logs MAC address

....At least in Germany.

I find this pretty disturbing and find myself wondering what kind of method they are using. I assume they are just driving around gobbling up packets and analyzing them later so even hiding your SSID is not a good deterrent.

It's pretty scary that they might be able to associate your wireless router's MAC address with your physical location. Especially considering the amount of streets that already mapped, they could have physical locations for a vast majority of wireless routers already.

TG-18th 18th SF Operational Detachment Delta

If you're playing the game, be in the correct TeamSpeak Channel.

Re: Google Streetview Logs MAC address

that is quite disturbing
    |TG-Irr| di1lweed1212

Comment

Privacy? No such thing when broadcasting information (which a wireless router does).

DB

«That looks like a really nice house except for that horrible bathroom.» Donrhos

| |

Comment

isnt that what ipv6 is going to bring to the table?

"TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population....Tactical Gamer is not mainstream. We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers" ~ Apophis

Comment

google streetview a military base see what happends and get back to us. then we will know why their loging mac adresses

Comment

Originally posted by Jack Bauer View Post
            isnt that what ipv6 is going to bring to the table?
            Why would IPv6 provide privacy? If anything, it lets you get more detail, because it provides real addresses instead of NAT'd ones for internal devices.
            Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
            X