Smart phone security issues

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Smart phone security issues

Just got my Droid, started looking around for more information, and tripped across this story about a vulnerability in 2.0.1 and the pattern lock screen:

https://theassurer.com/p/756.html

And a temporary workaround:

https://theassurer.com/p/800.html
    Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Re: Smart phone security issues

Thats a little obtuse though. First off, are you going to let someone who you think would go snooping around in your phone use it? Not likely. So the workaround for that would be to not let shady people use your phone. Second, if someone were to steal your phone, in order to perform this little maneuver, they would have to know your phone number first, thus enabling them to call the phone and then use the exploit. Workaround: dont lose your phone or inscribe your phone number anywhere on the device.

Lastly, there is a much bigger bug with the pattern lock. It's called the "your finger leaves an oil trail on the screen in the exact shape of your pattern" bug. Unfortunately, theres no software fix for that. Bottom line: you probably shouldnt be storing sensitive information on your phone. If you do, there are several very nice encryption and cloaking programs on the android market for your sensitive data.

In other words, I see this as a complete non-issue for anyone with a grain of common sense.

Comment

Re: Smart phone security issues

"Common sense isn't." ;)
      Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
      X