DVD Help

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DVD Help

So, I just received the DVD copy of my Maryland All-State Band concert, and boy is it breathtaking. But, I want to get it in audio form on my iPod. Any suggestions on how to do this?

The DVD is straight video, no places to skip to, no title menu. My biggest worry is quality; it is a wonderful musical performance and I want to do it justice when I decide to listen to it.

Programs, thoughts, ideas?

Re: DVD Help

Beat, if you're running windows 7 and have an aftermarket sound card, it should enable the "what you hear" feature under recording devices. Using that, you can pull the audio from anything using any program out there that will record. I'd highly recommend soundforge or adobe soundbooth.

Comment

I have Vista, but I do have an aftermarket sound card. I know the "what your hear" option exists.

Are either of those programs free?

Comment

Negatory on the free part. However, if you have a lot of hard drive space, you can record it using the what you hear option through the windows sound recorder (type sound recorder into the start menu search and it'll pop right up). This will record it to an uncompressed wav file, and from there, you can use any number of free wav-to-mp3/aac/FLAC converters to change it to the format of choice. However, I can tell you that recording it this way will produce a very large file, as indicated. I've done this with concert tracks before and a 1 hour concert produced a 1.5GB wav.

Comment

I've got over 700 free GBs, I'll take your advice and do that.

Many thanks!

Comment

You could probably follow the stickied DVD ripping guide and encode it to a format your iPod can play. It'll give you the option of keeping the video or you can rip just the audio. Those programs will allow you to select the compression so you won't notice any loss in audio quality. Plus, it'll be less babysitting of the PC while you rip the DVD.

- It's who you game with.

Comment

Wouldn't Audacity do the trick for ripping the audio? (I don't do audio ripping, so YMMV). And hey, it's OSS, so trying doesn't cost you anything but time.

Who needs a life when you can have a heavy bolter?
              --BlackMirror
              <23:03:38> "|TG|Smachin<BF Admin>" was kicked from the server by "|TG-70th| Zhohar" (UNDERAGE ban.)
              Anything over $600, and it would be pointless to try and reason with Grandma
              --Blackraven93

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
              X