Official ATI 10.4 drivers released

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Official ATI 10.4 drivers released

AMD released the official ATI 10.4 drivers the other day.

They fix the long map load times on BFBC2 among other things.

Release notes:

http://www2.ati.com/relnotes/Catalys...ease_notes.pdf

Drivers:

http://game.amd.com/us-en/drivers_catalyst.aspx

Re: Official ATI 10.4 drivers released

Just a heads up to people who installed the 10.4a. The 10.4a drivers are newer than the 10.4 whql

Comment

Oooh! I'm skurd! 10.3 doesn't work with my 5830. I had to use "special" drivers which is basically 10.2 with a hotfix. I have everything working flawlessly with zero grey screens of death. Should I upgrade?
      "Common sense is not so common." -Voltaire

Comment

Originally posted by War.mongeR1 View Post
        Oooh! I'm skurd! 10.3 doesn't work with my 5830. I had to use "special" drivers which is basically 10.2 with a hotfix. I have everything working flawlessly with zero grey screens of death. Should I upgrade?
        Err? I'm using 10.3 with my 5830 with no problems.

However, I think with 10.4a, I had random BSODs out of nowhere. Hopefully 10.4 is stable and won't give me BSODs.
        |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
        TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
        Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
        Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

using 10.4A on my 4890 an loving it....game loads in 5 seconds flat
          "Everyone makes fun of us rednecks with our big trucks and all our guns........until the zombie apocalypse"

Comment

It was specifically a problem with Alien vs Predator, which happened to be bundled with the card.

Comment

Okay, now I'm officially mad. I'm getting very random BSODs with 10.4a and 10.4 full on my HD5830 while the system is idle. I'm going back to 10.3 for now. Anyone else experiencing random BSODs with the new driver (or the alpha version)?
              |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
              Former 9th & 13th

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

No BSODs and not 5830 (4850), but I do have issues (possibly related). In short, the game hangs for a few seconds when trying to spawn in for the first time in a round. This is under 10.4a.

Who needs a life when you can have a heavy bolter?
                --BlackMirror
                <23:03:38> "|TG|Smachin<BF Admin>" was kicked from the server by "|TG-70th| Zhohar" (UNDERAGE ban.)
                Anything over $600, and it would be pointless to try and reason with Grandma
                --Blackraven93

Comment

Originally posted by Acreo Aeneas View Post
                  Okay, now I'm officially mad. I'm getting very random BSODs with 10.4a and 10.4 full on my HD5830 while the system is idle. I'm going back to 10.3 for now. Anyone else experiencing random BSODs with the new driver (or the alpha version)?
                  Now you know my pain that I suffered with the 5770. Frustrating, eh?

Comment

Originally posted by War.mongeR1 View Post
                    Now you know my pain that I suffered with the 5770. Frustrating, eh?
                    Yeah. I posted over at OCN. Apparently the consensus is that those of us with HD5830 cards will have to wait for specialized drivers since the driver set for our cards are released separately from every other 5800 series card. So, I'm stuck with 10.3 until whenever ATI figures out their crap. And here I thought nVidia was bad.
                    |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
                    Former 9th & 13th

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Yeah. I posted over at OCN. Apparently the consensus is that those of us with HD5830 cards will have to wait for specialized drivers since the driver set for our cards are released separately from every other 5800 series card. So, I'm stuck with 10.3 until whenever ATI figures out their crap. And here I thought nVidia was bad.
                      Why do the 5830s need different drivers than the other 58XX cards? Is it a BIOS issue or is there something I'm missing? I thought it was just a whittled down Cypress core. That sucks that the cards are havin issues.
                      sigpic

Comment

Performance drop (approximately 34%) may be observed in "Empire: Total War"
                        with anti-alias enabled on some cards
                        Why can't they say what cards

Comment

Originally posted by Buckets View Post
                          Why do the 5830s need different drivers than the other 58XX cards? Is it a BIOS issue or is there something I'm missing? I thought it was just a whittled down Cypress core. That sucks that the cards are havin issues.
                          I wish I knew why, but that's the answer I got from a OCN member. Also, it seems to be true if you go on the ATI portion of the AMD site and look up the 5830 driver. It'll list a beta version of 10.2 and makes no mention of 10.2 full or 10.3 full.

I'm not quite buying that answer since I'm running 10.3 full without any issues and have run 10.2 full without issues. Just 10.4a/10.4 full gives me the darn BSODs.
                          |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
                          Former 9th & 13th

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

I'm not quite buying that answer since I'm running 10.3 full without any issues and have run 10.2 full without issues. Just 10.4a/10.4 full gives me the darn BSODs.
                            I'm not sure why there's such a difference in their cards. I tried the 10.3, and got major problems. When I used their "5830" drivers that has 10.2 with the hotfix, all problems solved. I'm starting to think that ATI needs to start making more specific drivers, and not just these blanket Catalyst drivers that are supposed to work for hundreds of different cards. Maybe that would solve a lot of our woes.

Comment

Ok, so I'm running the 10.4 drivers and I have experienced no increase in load in time (~24 seconds). I am running a 5570 1gb.

"Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds. " - Albert Einstein

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X