• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ITX help needed

ok my buddy's HP MB died

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/d...708937&lang=en

so I bought this to replace it

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16813500044

cpu,memory, it's all compliant.....my problem is the power supply plug. The new board has a standard atx 20 pin spot to plug in, The HP power supply has some funky micro itx 24 pin plug....WTF! do they make a convertor or anything?
    "Everyone makes fun of us rednecks with our big trucks and all our guns........until the zombie apocalypse"

Re: ITX help needed

I couldn't find a converter anywhere. If you're handy with electronics, you could probably pull the wires from the old plug, and place those into a standard power plug. However, the easiest solution might be to replace the power supply with one that has a standard power plug.
    "Common sense is not so common." -Voltaire

Comment

Check the plug. Sometimes the 24 pin plugs are 20 & 4 so you can separate the 4 from the rest.

http://www.computergate.com/products...prodcd=CMISC35

This may help, its a 24 to 20 pin converter.
      Forewarned is Forearmed

Comment

They may be compatible.

The older 20 pin PSU plugs and newer 24 pin plugs had the same configuration, except the 24 had extras that carried more 12V.

Then again it may be some special HP thing. Have you tried asking them or looking for documentation on their site?
        Last edited by Namebot; 04-30-2010, 06:58 AM.
        |TG-12th| Namebot

Comment

Check to make sure the 4-pin doesn't split off from the 24 pin main power plug first. If it doesn't, then you should be able to buy a 24-pin to 20-pin adapter at most computer hardware stores (like Micro Center, CompUSA, and BestBuy).
          |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
          TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
          Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
          Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

hmmmm I am not doing a good job explaining, the PS 24 pin plug is small.....even the little pegs on the plug are small, on the MB there is a 20 pin atx power port like any other MB however if you look at my plug to go into it the pegs are physically smaller. I can almost fit 2 of the posts into 1 slot on the MB port. could it be HP proprietary?
            "Everyone makes fun of us rednecks with our big trucks and all our guns........until the zombie apocalypse"

Comment

Originally posted by venman View Post
              hmmmm I am not doing a good job explaining, the PS 24 pin plug is small.....even the little pegs on the plug are small, on the MB there is a 20 pin atx power port like any other MB however if you look at my plug to go into it the pegs are physically smaller. I can almost fit 2 of the posts into 1 slot on the MB port. could it be HP proprietary?
              Hmm, that sounds like a proprietary plug. Got a picture?
              |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
              TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
              Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
              Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
              X