CGillustPlus or CoreDrawl x5

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CGillustPlus or CoreDrawl x5

Well I'm starting to pick up drawing on my computer after spending time on Pivix. So I was wondering which program was more helpful in assisting me draw. I know its not going to make me a magical artist but the program can help a bit. Money isn't a problem just wondering which was more helpful features wise.

Sorry for the mix up on the title "CorelDraw x5"

Re: CGillustPlus or CoreDrawl x5

Originally posted by OreoCake View Post
    Well I'm starting to pick up drawing on my computer after spending time on Pivix. So I was wondering which program was more helpful in assisting me draw. I know its not going to make me a magical artist but the program can help a bit. Money isn't a problem just wondering which was more helpful features wise.

Sorry for the mix up on the title "CorelDraw x5"
    Do you own a graphics tablet? Such as a Wacom

Comment

Yes, currently I own a Genius but soon im going to get a Wacom "Create".

Comment

There are plenty of tutorials on line and websites that cater to the digital artist.

http://www.deviantart.com/
        http://forums.cgsociety.org/

There are many more but the above 2 are quite popular.

Corel painter and painter essentials are good programs which try to emulate real oils and water colours etc.
        Photoshop is also used a lot by digital artists and takes advantage of a tablets features.
        Artrage is also a nifty program which is very cheap.

Comment

corel has a student price of 99.00 bucks I believe.... I know you said $$$ was not an issue, but still. I use corel - to a MUCH lesser degree than Adobe products, but I still keep the latest corel on hand just in case. it works very well with my portege m400 convertible tablet. the pressure sensitive response is accurate enough for my needs.
          Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -Albert Einstein
          The two most common elements in the universe are Hydrogen and stupidity. -Harlan Ellison

If all else fails: "rm -rf /"

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
          X