Virus FUN

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Virus FUN

Last night a virus tunneled its way through the families firewall and infected my sister's computer, then it promptly infected my own. Since i have everything already backed up, i decided to simply format my entire hardrive then try to fight the bug. My dad and i tag-teamed the one in my sister's computer and terminated it with extreme prejudice.

This is my first post on the fresh install, any suggestions as to what game (BF2+PR, 2142, BC2, or Mass Effect) i should install first :D
    |TG-6th|SirNerd

My Resume includes Pirate, Mercenary, and a Devil Dog, what else do you want.

Pain is Inevitable, Suffering is Optional.

When you can't run anymore, you crawl and when you can't do that, you find someone to carry you.

Re: Virus FUN

You could always do all of them at the same time. ;)
    |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
    TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
    Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
    Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Mass Effect. Obviously.*

*Please note: I am a Mass Effect 'fanboy', if you must use that word, so my view is severely biased. That said, you should still play Mass Effect.
      |TG-Irr| westyfield

Sig pic by Sonic, avatar by Chalcas. Thanks!
      Irregular since 2007.

Comment

How did the virus get on each computer? Weren't you patched up? Are you still using Incontinent Exploder? Did you get a questionable PDF file? Was your sister surfing pr0n? :p
        Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Comment

*Ahem* It's Intercontinental Exploder. :p

The bigger question is: were you running a firewall and active anti-virus at the time?
          |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
          Former 9th & 13th

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

I was using chrome. I'm not exactly sure how it got onto my computer, but it got into my sisters computer because she accidentally clicked on a pop up while looking for cheat codes for a game.

Also, today, out of sheer boredom, i completely disassembled my keyboard. I popped all the keys off, scrubbed and cleaned each one. Anyone have any good ways of putting the ones with a bar underneath back on.
            |TG-6th|SirNerd

My Resume includes Pirate, Mercenary, and a Devil Dog, what else do you want.

Pain is Inevitable, Suffering is Optional.

When you can't run anymore, you crawl and when you can't do that, you find someone to carry you.

Comment

Originally posted by Sir-Nerd View Post
              I was using chrome. I'm not exactly sure how it got onto my computer, but it got into my sisters computer because she accidentally clicked on a pop up while looking for cheat codes for a game.

Also, today, out of sheer boredom, i completely disassembled my keyboard. I popped all the keys off, scrubbed and cleaned each one. Anyone have any good ways of putting the ones with a bar underneath back on.
              Superglue or bonding glue (specifically for use with plastics). Fair warning, be extra care with the plastics bonding glue. Usually much stronger than run-of-the-mill superglue and usually forms a permanent bond. So if you get any on your hands, you'll have to wash them with paint thinner before it dries and hardens.
              |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
              Former 9th & 13th

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Originally posted by Sir-Nerd View Post
                There's a selling point for Chrome. (sarcasm) So far as I know, NoScript is not yet unavailable for Chrome, because Google has no decent plugin system. I get terribly frustrated that Firefox is single-threaded, but I won't switch to Chrome until I can run a real copy of NoScript on it.
                Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                X