Htc evo 4g

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Htc evo 4g

Anyone else interested in this new Android phone? I'm still waiting to see how Sprint prices it and their service plans, as well as for the next iPhone, but this phone looks to be the one to beat.
    |TG|Melee
    Clear Eyes, Full Hearts, Can't Lose!

Re: Htc evo 4g

Damonte is stopping by BestBuy this afternoon to put in his pre-order. The phone has been priced at $199 with a new two-year contract. However, if you buy the phone from Sprint (online or in store) it is $299 with a $100 mail-in rebate. If you buy it from BestBuy through Pre-order, It is $199 with no mail-in rebate required.

It's already been stated that the plan will be the same as any other smart phone plan from Sprint, but with a $10 premium because of the 4G coverage. It's also been stated here and there that the $10 premium lifts the data cap (typically 5GB) for 4G and 3G. Damonte is still waiting for official confirmation of that last part.

HTC Evo is available June 4
    http://www.crn.com/mobile/224701796

Pricing, including the reference to truly unlimited data
    http://www.zatznotfunny.com/2010-05/...aunch-details/

"Everytime I read your posts I do it with Morgan Freeman's voice in my head as if he is narrating your life" - Aimed

Comment

I'm still on the fence, largely due to the $10/mo surcharge that applies even if you don't live in an area with 4G coverage. I'm also curious to see if it can be upgraded to Android 2.2, which is supposed to be significantly faster than 2.1.
      |TG|Melee

Comment

I'm pretty sure any handset running Android *can* be upgraded to 2.2. The question is when will they be.

$10/mo more isn't that bad. Especially if you have a company discount on the rate plan which is typically 20%-25%.

"Everytime I read your posts I do it with Morgan Freeman's voice in my head as if he is narrating your life" - Aimed

Comment

Any of you gents have any sites I can browse that would tell me when these android phones are coming out in Canada?

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace. ~ Jimi Hendrix

And isn't it a bad thing to be deceived about the truth, and a good thing to know what the truth is? For I assume that by knowing the truth you mean knowing things as they really are. ~ Plato

Comment

I've recently discovered two sites which may have that info: Android Central and Phandroid
            |TG|Melee

Comment

Speed test from an individual using the Wifi hotspot feature of the EVO (on 4G/WiMax):

Comment

I'm pretty tempted. Not as tempted as I would be if I wasn't stuck with another year with ATT.

TG-18th 18th SF Operational Detachment Delta

If you're playing the game, be in the correct TeamSpeak Channel.

Comment

Damonte has another year with AT&T, but selling the iPhones on Craigslist will more than cover his pro-rated ETF.

Comment

I've got a 3 year old unlocked Samsung U-600. I could probably only get $75 for it which wouldn't cover my MASSIVE ETF.

I read the whole review for the EVO. Holy crap I want that phone.

EDIT: Is the wifi hotspot capability an additional $30? That seriously lowers this down a notch in my eyes.

TG-18th 18th SF Operational Detachment Delta

If you're playing the game, be in the correct TeamSpeak Channel.

Comment

Yup, an additional $30 for the wifi hotspot feature. Unfortunately, Sprint has also tacked on an additional $10/mo for this phone alone because they expect it to download a lot more data than other smart phones. While I'm not happy about that, they're still cheaper than the competition.
                      |TG|Melee

Comment

I want this phone so badly. Too bad I can't upgrade my phone for another good 4-5 months.

Its a shame, because the Palm Pre has the best software on the planet, but because its hardware is made so cheaply its one of the biggest flops ever.
                        I've had my Palm Pre break twice and I'm a very careful with my stuff. I wasn't aware that they were charging an additional 10 dollars on your bill due to the 4G service.
                        That kind of makes the phone look less enticing. Oh well, like you said, its still not as expensive as the competition.

Comment

Not out in the UK, and no 4G either, and with the new 2.2 Froyo android OS I would take this over the new iPhone anyday......!:(

Comment

Haha I have it! Got it at the Google IO conference for free. It is big. Has the kickstand and tethering works. No 4G in SF, CA though...

Comment

Hey Marstein, how do you like it? Is it too big? I have big hands so I think it will be a good choice for me.
                              |TG|Melee

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...