No announcement yet.

Video cards

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Video cards

Ok, I'm looking at upgrading, because my card can't seem to keep up with the newer games.
    My current specs:
    E8400, 4gb RAM, 680i motherboard.
    BFG 8800GTS 640mb.

I want to be able to play the newest games on my 24" at 1920x1200. What card(s) would you suggest as being adequate without going crazy?
    Was thinking GTX 260 (maybe 2 in SLI)
    or ATI 5850.

Re: Video cards

well the 5850, if in the budget is the way to go....especially with it having DX11 support, the GTX 260 is a good card but still runs around $200. For $200 you an get this card(currently the one I use) and stomp the 260.

If you have the money do the 5XXX series, if on a budget then the other ATI is more performance for the same price.
    "Everyone makes fun of us rednecks with our big trucks and all our guns........until the zombie apocalypse"

I can play most any game relatively well on my GTX 260m (included in the laptop) but if your looking for the best bang for the buck, check the above.

Former TG-21st
      Swift Mobile On Target

Originally posted by venman View Post
        If you have the money do the 5XXX series

QFT. I just bought the ATI 5770 and its amazing. If you can afford it, go for it!

KnyghtMare ~You could always tell the person holding the gun to your head you would like to play on a different server...

running an e8400 myself and the gtx 260 is also what i run and it handles every game with ease. If you want a step up check out the 275 or 285. That's a price range though, if you're going to spend 300 bucks get a new 400 series.

- -

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Twitter Feed