In the market for a new headset

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In the market for a new headset

I currently have a razer Charcharias headset, which I'm fairly happy with, but it's showing signs of wear. The volume control along the wire occasional get wonky, causing the audio to appear in just one side. I've gotten a good year out of it, more than enough to break even with the price.

Before this thing finally craps out, i was wondering if anyone had a good recommendation for a replacement. I need a 100 dollar or less price point, it can be on-ear or over-ear and has to have a decent sound range. The biggest requirement is that it can't be any of that fake-leather stuff i see on other headsets. Those things irritate my skin after wearing them for more than 10 minutes. So i need the ear cups to be covered in cloth or some sort of soft fabric.
    |TG-6th|SirNerd

My Resume includes Pirate, Mercenary, and a Devil Dog, what else do you want.

Pain is Inevitable, Suffering is Optional.

When you can't run anymore, you crawl and when you can't do that, you find someone to carry you.

Re: In the market for a new headset

I have a set of Sennheisers that I absolutely LOVE. They replaced the plantronics $40 model that I bought pretty close to once per year and a half (mostly because I had this bad habit of running the cord over with my chair). I can't say enough about how much I like thesse headphones. The sound is great and they have lased me about 5 years now. May want to check them out and get the best ones you can afford
    |TG-Irr|Avengingllama
    I used to eat paint chips. Now I just drink the paint because I couldn't find a salsa that went well with the chips and they were dry =)

Comment

I love my new Plantronics .Audio 995 Wireless http://www.plantronics.com/europe_un...sets/audio-995

Not real leather but it's not irritating.

I've gone through to many wired mics by running over the cord or having it get twisted or just walking away with it on and getting closed lined. I think I payed fifty something dollars for it.

youtube review

|TG-12th| Troublesome4u

Comment

I can recommend the Sennheiser PC 350 Pro. Excellent noise cancelling, comfortable, study-built, hifi-quality but it's a bit expensive. Good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by Superfast View Post
          I can recommend the Sennheiser PC 350 Pro. Excellent noise cancelling, comfortable, study-built, hifi-quality but it's a bit expensive. Good luck!
          Me too, but Amazon is having a sale on them. If you can throw down the extra cash, it's worth it 100%.

Comment

Plantronics GameCom 777. $65. Over the ear with a velvety cloth covering. They come with a USB dongle for simulated surround sound. Hide away mic. They also offer a model without the USB surround called the 367 and an open ear version without the USB called the 377.

I've had them for about 6 months and I love them.

Comment

Since you're looking for a >$100 solution, I'd go with gungnir's idea. I've owned both the Gamecom 777 and 377 models. Both work very well and are extremely comfortable (tested through marathon 8-10 hour sessions of playing PR). You can probably get them cheaper online, but if you're in a rush, best buy has them for $49 for the 377 (dual jacks, hardware-dependent if you want surround sound) and $69 for the 777 (USB or dual jack, surround enabled by USB dongle). For less than a hundred bucks, theyre probably the best and most comfy solution you're going to find.

However, like Beat said, if you find yourself with the extra cash, go for the sennheiser 350's. You wont regret it.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
              X