Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How Nvidia blacklists sites like Hardware Secrets

http://www.semiaccurate.com/2010/05/...dware-secrets/

Always wondered why Nvidia reviews were always so good, maybe this is why.

Re: How Nvidia blacklists sites like Hardware Secrets

Good read, I enjoyed it.
    Semper Fi, Marines.

Comment

I find it disturbing nVidia has stooped to this level. I wonder if that is why Maya (from Autodesk) only seems to work on nVidia cards. Did nVidia also bully them into crippling their software on ATI card-based systems?
      |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
      TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
      Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
      Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

This practice is common from NVidia also this is similar acreo to why so many games are optimised for nvidia. Because the tools they are made from only work with Nvidia. But back to the point, yes Nvidia do make some software developers use specific integration with nvidia drivers tus making ati vastly inferior in that program. Similar to apple microsoft technology wars that have been going on.

Comment

Didn't know this, ridiculous.

Comment

I am glad I am using an ATI card, they really do fix their drivers when there is problems.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace. ~ Jimi Hendrix

And isn't it a bad thing to be deceived about the truth, and a good thing to know what the truth is? For I assume that by knowing the truth you mean knowing things as they really are. ~ Plato

Comment

Originally posted by Extinct View Post
              I am glad I am using an ATI card, they really do fix their drivers when there is problems.
              Still waiting for that to happen, actually...

Who needs a life when you can have a heavy bolter?
              --BlackMirror
              <23:03:38> "|TG|Smachin<BF Admin>" was kicked from the server by "|TG-70th| Zhohar" (UNDERAGE ban.)
              Anything over $600, and it would be pointless to try and reason with Grandma
              --Blackraven93

Comment

Originally posted by Cheburash View Post
                Still waiting for that to happen, actually...
                never, ever, ever, have I had a problem with ATI drivers? cannot figure out what everyone complains about? What exactly is the problem? I have always ran AMD/ATI systems and they rock!
                "Everyone makes fun of us rednecks with our big trucks and all our guns........until the zombie apocalypse"

Comment

Originally posted by venman View Post
                  never, ever, ever, have I had a problem with ATI drivers? cannot figure out what everyone complains about? What exactly is the problem? I have always ran AMD/ATI systems and they rock!
                  Easy with the question marks :)

My map load times have roughly tripled since 10.5 was released. I've rotated through 10.3, 10.4 and 10.5 to try and fix the issue, with no result. I'm not in the position to do a complete system reinstall, but that a new, officially released driver package will do this is plainly ridiculous. I've *never* had this type of issues with my XFX 8600 GT (or its warranty replacement offspring, the 9500 GT) and am sorely regretting buying the XFX 4850 HD in the first place. When I have more time, I'm going to time some map loads, then swap out the 4850 for the 9500, and see if I'm right: That the older, two-generations-back card loads BC2 maps faster.

Who needs a life when you can have a heavy bolter?
                  --BlackMirror
                  <23:03:38> "|TG|Smachin<BF Admin>" was kicked from the server by "|TG-70th| Zhohar" (UNDERAGE ban.)
                  Anything over $600, and it would be pointless to try and reason with Grandma
                  --Blackraven93

Comment

Have you installed the 10.5 hotfix? That is supposed to fix the loading time issues on the 4XXX series cards.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Cheburash View Post
                      Easy with the question marks :)

My map load times have roughly tripled since 10.5 was released. I've rotated through 10.3, 10.4 and 10.5 to try and fix the issue, with no result. I'm not in the position to do a complete system reinstall, but that a new, officially released driver package will do this is plainly ridiculous. I've *never* had this type of issues with my XFX 8600 GT (or its warranty replacement offspring, the 9500 GT) and am sorely regretting buying the XFX 4850 HD in the first place. When I have more time, I'm going to time some map loads, then swap out the 4850 for the 9500, and see if I'm right: That the older, two-generations-back card loads BC2 maps faster.
                      you want 10.4A....the hotfix, I run the 4890 and when 10.4A was installed my load time is almost instant, I tried the 10.5 drivers but seen a increase in temps so I just stuck with 10.4a. I was looking for a link but can't find one. Cheb if you want 10.5a PM me with your email and I will send it to you.
                      "Everyone makes fun of us rednecks with our big trucks and all our guns........until the zombie apocalypse"

Comment

Originally posted by Niquita View Post
                        This practice is common from NVidia also this is similar acreo to why so many games are optimised for nvidia. Because the tools they are made from only work with Nvidia. But back to the point, yes Nvidia do make some software developers use specific integration with nvidia drivers tus making ati vastly inferior in that program. Similar to apple microsoft technology wars that have been going on.
                        It's not surprising for games, but I just hate when they try to force onto developers who spend their time making games with these expensive tools only to find out we can't use one brand of hardware because the tool developer didn't put their thinking cap on when they signed a deal to make their tool "broken" for those not using a specific brand of hardware.
                        |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
                        TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
                        Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
                        Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                        X