Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone use a nVidia 6800GT (AGP) video card?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone use a nVidia 6800GT (AGP) video card?

It doesn't look like I'll be able to upgrade my whole machine to a 64bit PCI-e setup so I'm looking at possibly getting the nVidia 6800GT (AGP) video card. I wanted to find out if anyone currently has one of these cards and can tell me how they are performing?

I currently have a nVidia 5700 Ultra. I can play BF2 on the low settings and get some good frame rates (~80).

If you have one, fill me in on how it performs and let me know the type (i.e. Asus) card it is.
    |TG-12th| asch
    sigpic

Re: Anyone use a nVidia 6800GT (AGP) video card?

I have an eVGA brand 6800GT and I loved it until it crapped out on me. Didn't get a chance to play BF2 on it, as my monitor crapped out, too, but it played HL2/CSS at 1280x1024x32 with everything on high and 4xAA and 8xAF and I averaged over 60 fps. I was very pleased with the performance.
    Become a supporting member!
    Buy a Tactical Duck!
    Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
    TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Mine performs very well, i love it!!
      Life's tough, but tougher when you're stupid

Comment

I have the eVGA 6800 w/128. Its basic. I have unlocked all the pipes and shaders and overclocked it pretty good. No problems. Get at least a GT though and of course minimum 256 megs of ram. DONT sacrifice on the video card.. it makes the gaming experience what it should be.
        Meat Drapes
        -[OIJ]-
        Operation Infinite Justice... the worlds largest clan. Currently enjoying a membership of over 1,454,500+ . We game in every climb and place. If you want to play/become one of us... visit your nearest Armed Forces recruiting station. I bet we have games you have never even heard of. They will be glad to help you.

Comment

no, i havent got it but i will be ordering a 6800 later this week, hopefully, if my parents will approve. it sounds like you can do a lot with that thing and it will perform great on all high settings. if you get on with SLi, you can stick 2 6800 or lower cards together so 1 does the bottom and the other does the top. im drooling at the consept :D . if price isnt that much of a barrier, then i would go with 2, incase 1 crapps out but i dont think it will, and use them together for the best graphics in the world.

Comment

SLi is only PCI-e, and PCI-e is pretty expensive. And if your going SLi might as well do it right with BFG 6800 Ultra's running at 800 bucks each. Not including the SLi cip/PCI-e SLi enabled Mobo.
            Oyee

Comment

I know Scooperman has the BFG 6800GT, and he is tickled pink about it. Don't put to much credence in PCI-express just yet, the benchmarks show that the difference in nominal, if any at all.

If you have your doubts, check it out.

http://www.beyond3d.com/previews/nvi...index.php?p=12

A good man stands up for himself. A great man stands up for others.

Comment

thats part of the reason i said "if money wasnt a problem". those things cost 800 bucks a piece and not that many people have a PCI-e motherboard chipset but it is the top-of-the-line graphics card combination right now. if youre going to go all out, 2 nVidia 6800 SLi's.

price= $1600 retail+PCI-e Motherboard if you dont have it+ connecter cable.

Comment

I have a 6800GT and i love it. I upgraded from a radeon 9000... lol. I can play Battle field with everything on high but its starts off alittle choppy but smooths out after a min. I recommend getting 1 gig of ram cause i still have 512.. But its an awesome card that pushes the rest of my computer to its max.

Comment

Sounds like the 6800GTs are performing well and I'll probably be ordering one soon. Thanks for the feedback guys!
                    |TG-12th| asch
                    sigpic

Comment

I gots the 6800(AGP8X) but it will soon be as fast as a GT, the only problem is its only got 128mb of ram.

Im going to try to get into Overclocking, now that i got a computer i can overclock with.
                      Oyee

Comment

Yeah, I have the BFG 6800GT OC.
                        Factory overclocked with a lifetime warranty... unless you OC it further which I did.
                        Excellent card!

[tg-c1][conduct]

Chuck Norris can believe it's not butter

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse