Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nvidia Forceware 257.21, AMD Catalyst 10.6, and SoundBlaster X-Fi drivers updated

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nvidia Forceware 257.21, AMD Catalyst 10.6, and SoundBlaster X-Fi drivers updated

I haven't been around here much lately but wanted to post about some new drivers just out this morning.

Nvidia rolls out its 257.21 WHQL driver
    http://www.fudzilla.com/content/view/19178/1/

New AMD Catalyst 10.6 Drivers Improve Video Playback, Gaming Performance
    Read more: http://hothardware.com/News/New-AMD-...#ixzz0r1j5UWx0

And the new creative x-fi driver is only for Windows7 right now, but they will add support for Vista and XP later it says. You can go here and choose your X-Fi product:
    http://support.creative.com/Products...aspx?catid=209
    This is pretty big since it has been a year since the last update.

I wanted to mention real quick about my AFK to the forum regulars. My primary harddrive bugged out on me almost a month ago now, and I thought it was something minor I would be able to fix and get back up to speed. I was very wrong. Looks like my Raptor drive is shot and I wasted dozens of hours trying everything to bring it back. Good news is it is still under warranty (Raptors have a 5 year warranty).

Bad news is like a dumb ass I haven't kept up with backing up my computer as much as I should have. Last time was probably in Feb., so I lost a ton of stuff. I keep many things on secondary drives anyway, but still had a some major stuff on my desktop.

I considered going ahead and buying an Intel SSD and starting over like that, but with the G3 drives out soon, I would really rather have one of those. So I ended up partitioning one of my secondary drives and installing Win7 on it till the new drives release.

Point is, learn from my mistake and make it your goal to do some kind of full backup by this weekend. Once I get my drivers back and some programs installed, I will be taking a hard look at some programs like Acronis True Image 2010 so this doesn't happen again.

LINKS

Stoop and you'll be stepped on; stand tall and you'll be shot at.

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Re: Nvidia Forceware 257.21, AMD Catalyst 10.6, and SoundBlaster X-Fi drivers updated

Since I had all those 1.5 TB HDD failures, my data is nice and backed up. I now make it a point to store straight to my backup drives first and then if I need it, I'll installed it or copy it over.

10.6 already...holy cow. Feels like a Ubuntu release schedule now. :D

Edit: Catalyst 10.6 is not on AMD's site yet. Looks like most of the gaming improvements only apply to the HD58xx and HD5970 subsegments.
    |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
    TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
    Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
    Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Re: Nvidia Forceware 257.21, AMD Catalyst 10.6, and SoundBlaster X-Fi drivers updated

Wow, should also mention that there are new Logitech Setpoint drivers out as well on 6-8-10
      http://www.logitech.com/en-us/home/

Just choose your product and click support, then downloads. Enter in what OS you are using and it will show up.

LINKS

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Comment

Unless I am blind I do not see any new drivers for the creative x-fi?

Comment

Originally posted by MrMojay View Post
          Unless I am blind I do not see any new drivers for the creative x-fi?
          When you click on the link above and choose your card (like xtremegamer) it should come up with the list of all the drivers. The first one listed should be
          Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi series driver 2.18.0015
          Filesize : 46.74 MB

Are you using windows7? Might not show up if you aren't.

LINKS

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Comment

Originally posted by Bamboo View Post
            When you click on the link above and choose your card (like xtremegamer) it should come up with the list of all the drivers. The first one listed should be
            Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi series driver 2.18.0015
            Filesize : 46.74 MB

Are you using windows7? Might not show up if you aren't.
            I do not see it, I am using win7 ultimate 64bit, I used the auto updater as well and it said I was up to date, the newest driver I see is from 12th jan 2010.

I see the driver you are talking about but it is for the extreme gamer card, there does not seem to be one for the X-fi Titanium! :( Oh well! Back to waiting another year. ;)

Comment

for descent free backup software, Comodo has a program I'm using at work (because they're too cheap to buy retail software).

I had a drive failing and I was able to backup the files I needed very quickly and when the drive finally died, after I got Window's installed and patched, it restored all of my data very quickly also. Lots of options, such as backing up the registry, user settings, drives, files, etc.

This link is for all products Comodo offers for free (non-commercial use only).
              http://www.comodo.com/products/free-products.php
              Big-eye101: "A true catman post a day keeps the bad mood away"

Please do not take any posts made by Catman seriously. If you begin to take his posts seriously, please seek psychiatric attention.

Comment

The Catalyst 10.6 drivers have been up since yesterday night.

If you're using Logitech Setpoint 6.00, it WILL NOT auto-update to 6.1. The Logitech updates fails to see the new version. You'll have to DL and manually update.
                |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
                TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
                Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
                Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

I updated my G5, after an hour or two the mouse slowed down in game (BC2), DPI buttons did not work, had to restart the game to get the mouse back to normal, reverting back to old drivers now!

Comment

Seems like there are some new drivers for the x-fi series out since 26th july.

http://support.creative.com/Products...s.aspx?catid=1

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                    X