Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The 7800's are here. *paul revere*

http://www.zipzoomfly.com/jsp/Produc...uctCode=326021

Wow, i would love to have couple of them on SLi for BF2... Not bad in price either, 599 with free second day...

Description

Chipset: GeForce 7800 GTX
    Graphics Core: 256-bit
    Core Clock: 460MHz (vs. 430MHz)
    Memory: 256MB GDDR3
    Mem Clock: 1300MHz (vs. 1000MHz)
    Mem Bandwidth: 38.4GB/sec
    Bus: PCI-Ex
    Connectors: Dual DVI, HDTV+VIVO
    Oyee

Re: The 7800's are here. *paul revere*

The day i pay that much for an Nvidia card, i'll shoot myself.

- -

Comment

Lemme guess, ATi fan?

Its not that i dont like ATi, but BF2 was ment to play on Nvidia, so im stick'n with Nvidia... Plus its pretty cheap considering how much the 6800ultra was like a month ago.
      Oyee

Comment

Originally posted by Black_V!per
        Lemme guess, ATi fan?

Its not that i dont like ATi, but BF2 was ment to play on Nvidia, so im stick'n with Nvidia... Plus its pretty cheap considering how much the 6800ultra was like a month ago.
        You believe "The Way It's Meant to be Played" slogan? I try to ignore claims that one product works better for a game then others.... its the same kinda crap the ATI pulled with HL2. Whoever shells out more money gets the plug by the developer.

I typically base my purchases on reviews that I read across multiple websites and then consider the proformance/cost ratio. While I would love a videocard like that, I rather buy 3 low end cards for the same net cost over what would be the lifetime of the more expensive videocard instead of make such an expensive one time purchase.

My next videocard will probably be the budget version of the next great thing in videocards... enough horsepower to run BF2 with high detail, but not powerful enough for future games. That's ok with me.
        Steam Community: | |

Comment

Hmm, i never really thought of it that way... But i guess thats what ive been doing, First card was MX440, thenFX5500, now soon to be 6800, i wonder what ill do next, but i too have been buying cards on price/reviews... Its just at the time i bought a new card its always been Nvidia at the top of the game.
          Oyee

Comment

$600 bucks!!!!! :icon_lol: :icon_lol:

3) Support game play in a near-simulation environment. Where the focus of play would not be solely on doing what it takes to win, but doing so utilizing real-world combat strategy and tactics rather than leveraging exploits provided to players by the design of the game engine.

Comment

Funny, I'm always on the trailing edge: if it renders the game at low, that's ok with me. I can't stomach the idea that my videocard is $200 more than the computer was new.

Comment

hey, don't look at me, I'm still running a geforce3 :D
                a.k.a. NinjaPirateAssassin
                Celibacy is not Hereditary.
                Everybody should believe in something - I believe I'll have another drink.
                Happiness is like wetting your pants, everyone can see it but only you can feel the warmth.
                Flying is easy, Just throw yourself at the ground and miss!

Comment

ya, i saw the new 7800 a few days ago. i was about to start a thread about "7800 vs. 6800: is it worth upgrading" but i never got around to it. so do you think it is? at only 600 bucks (the 6800 was 800 a month ago) is it worth it?

Comment

Well its a little bit faster, so it can be OC'ed a lot more, other than that im not sure, i didnt notice any new ground breaking featurs.
                    Oyee

Comment

ya, there were supposedly new realistic features but it seems the same. its still a WHOLE lot better than my radeon x300 :)

Comment

Ya, i guess it would be... lol, anywho, whats supposed to be next anyway? Isnt there talk going about of a Physics Processer? or PPU?

Edit:

Guess so:
                        http://www.pcper.com/article.php?aid=140
                        Oyee

Comment

Not an ATI fan but if i'm gonna spend that much i'll get a FIRE GL first. :P

- -

Comment

I am just gonna wait for the R520. Rumors say its going to be stronger. I can't wait to get 2 R520's in Xfire mode. I am not sure though I might just get the Xfire edition of the X850XTPE and get another one for alot cheaper.
                            RX-78-2 Gundam EFSF Protoype Close Combat Mobile Suit Armor: Luna Titanium Armament: 2x Beam Sabers, 2x 60mm Head vulcan guns 380mm Hyper bazooka, Beam Rifle, Beam Javelin, Hyper Hammer, Gundam Hammer, shield
                            TG Natural Selection admin. Need anything PM me.
                            7th Infantry FTW!!!!!
                            "Snob? Nah...I consider myself more of a PC Evangelist...converting the heathens to The Way." Prophaniti
                            "Windows is like Pokemon you gotta catch'em all." kenshinsama1

[tg-c1]

Comment

Sounds great, im unable to afford anything now, no job, and now i got a truck... All my money went into the PC ive got now, and all the money i get will go into my truck (For off roading.) But if i get paid enough a newer PC with Xfire would be awesome.

Then again, Xfire isnt as cool as SLi.
                              Oyee

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...