Gtx 465 deal

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gtx 465 deal

EVGA is having a few sales and I saw this one that some of you might like. 250 bucks for this card.

http://www.evga.com/products/moreInf...eries%20Family

I would just like to add that the stats on these 400 series vid cards are mind blowing...
    Last edited by Vulcan; 07-03-2010, 09:59 AM.

- -

Re: Gtx 465 deal

Unfortunately, even with that discount, you're still better off going with ATI. Specifically, an equivalent HD 5830 is $220 at NewEgg, even $200 with the rebate.

I can't seem to locate the TomsHardware article at the moment but I remember reading something about the 400-series nVidia cards having a higher power consumption for the same or less power of equivalent ATI cards. The 465 is newer, though, so it may not suffer under that umbrella.

Comment

Well, I was forced to go with a GTX 470, since that all MSI was offering me, to replace my DOA 5850. So well will see how it goes. I know that noise levels were blown out of proportion, but the full load heat levels were not, they hit around 94c. I'm not sure with the 465 series though.

Comment

Originally posted by Flarfignuggen View Post
        Unfortunately, even with that discount, you're still better off going with ATI. Specifically, an equivalent HD 5830 is $220 at NewEgg, even $200 with the rebate.

I can't seem to locate the TomsHardware article at the moment but I remember reading something about the 400-series nVidia cards having a higher power consumption for the same or less power of equivalent ATI cards. The 465 is newer, though, so it may not suffer under that umbrella.
        This isn't a place to argue ati vs nvidia, so please don't start that in this thread. This was simply posted for those looking for the 400 series deals. Everyone has their preference and stipulations.

If you want definitive info though, try this

- -

Comment

This deal is now over. I know catman bought one, anyone else take advantage? The deal was a 465 for $249 and i think there was a mail in rebate.

- -

Comment

Didn't have cash on hand or I would have taken it :)
            |TG-6th|Snooggums

Just because everyone does something does not mean that it is right to do.

Comment

Originally posted by Vulcan View Post
              This deal is now over. I know catman bought one, anyone else take advantage? The deal was a 465 for $249 and i think there was a mail in rebate.
              unfortunately catman did not buy one, however for those still interested, Newegg apparently still has the sale price for the EVGA 465 @ $259.99 (oops, I originally had $249, but newegg's price is $259--still seems like a good deal to me)

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16814130557
              Big-eye101: "A true catman post a day keeps the bad mood away"

Please do not take any posts made by Catman seriously. If you begin to take his posts seriously, please seek psychiatric attention.

Comment

Remember to keep and eye on "open box" deals too. That's how I ended up buying my MSI 5850 OC for $230.00 USD.

Comment

newegg deal up to 279.99 now. Sorry to hear that catman! I'll keep my eye out on more deals, i get a few good newsletters.

- -

Comment

Originally posted by Vulcan View Post
                    This isn't a place to argue ati vs nvidia, so please don't start that in this thread.
                    Don't put words where they aren't. I use a GTX 260, I was simply pointing out that there was an even cheaper alternative. http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/...tx,2676-7.html

Comment

Originally posted by Flarfignuggen View Post
                      Don't put words where they aren't. I use a GTX 260, I was simply pointing out that there was an even cheaper alternative. http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/...tx,2676-7.html
                      I don't think Vulcan put words where they weren't. I took your original post as an Nvidia v. ATI post as well. It may not be what you meant, but it's how it came across.

Thanks Vulcan, I might be leaning a little bit more towards the 470, so any deals on that would be great! :)
                      Big-eye101: "A true catman post a day keeps the bad mood away"

Please do not take any posts made by Catman seriously. If you begin to take his posts seriously, please seek psychiatric attention.

Comment

First point raised: There is a cheaper equivalent to the offered card on sale. It happens to be the other brand. Oh noez.
                        Second point raised: There is a known, significant power efficiency differential between the equivalent series of cards.
                        Third point raised: The OP card is newer and lacks informative reviews, hence, it may not have the same errors of its predecessors, whereby the second point isn't important.

HOW is that making a fanboy argumentation post? Perhaps I should eliminate any extraneous test and start using summarized bullet points in all my writing, so as to not unintentionally offend opposed to when I'm being facetious without mistake. If you want, PM me if you want more indirectly caustic commentary blatantly pointed out to you, as I won't spam the thread beyond this.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                        X