10.6 ATI problems

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 10.6 ATI problems

Ok so I tried to dl the 10.6 suite for my 5970 last night and when I restarted it was giving me constant BSOD and wouldn't restart windows. Anyone else having issues.

Win7 64
    I7-930
    ATI 5970
    12g Ram

Re: 10.6 ATI problems

ya its windows :)

"TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population....Tactical Gamer is not mainstream. We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers" ~ Apophis

Comment

I have experienced a rare BSOD every so often, but I think it may be related to me running a much older game (Star Trek Armada) that was never that stable with mods (I modded a mod). Other than that, 10.5 and 10.6 have been stable for me.

My specs:

Win 7 x64
      C2Q Q9550 @ 3.4 GHz OC
      ATI HD5830
      8 GBs of RAM
      |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
      TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
      Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
      Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Obviously it's because your computer budget is too big.
        Reapator, overlord of ponies

Comment

Use system restore (f8) to take you back before the driver update. Your rig was always finicky doing driver updates (RE: mouse cursor issue).

Make sure your uninstalling the driver, rebooting, run driversweeper (updated), reboot, then reinstalling new driver as your process.

Chances are your old driver didnt uninstall properly as usual.

Comment

Just uninstall 10.6 and go back to a previous version that worked. Boot into Safe Mode to do it and don't use System Restore. You'll end up with a bigger headache since it messed up other settings too.

I checked on a few other tech forums and the official ATI forum. Seems every driver release causes a plethora of problems (fix some, create new bugs) for the HD5970 and for CF setups. Basically if you don't have the HD5970 and don't CF, you're fine and dandy.
            |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
            TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
            Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
            Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

I already did the system restore thats why I am able to post, I, I am at 10.4 right now. I will try the driver sweep. Oh yeah my PC budget is huge...Great Job FTW

Comment

If it works, don't touch it.

Comment

Yes I had the same problem with 10.6. I have a 4870x2 and was getting BSOD and just other crashes. Seems like it's a huge problem with these drivers. So I am currently back at 10.4.

Comment

Huh. I just had a week of BSODs with a whole range of messages. Started right after I had to do a hard reset out of BC2. I'd love to blame the ATI drivers, but ever since the 10.6 hotfix, I've not had any issues.

(Running an XFX 5850, on a much less impressive processor than 'saint)

Who needs a life when you can have a heavy bolter?
                    --BlackMirror
                    <23:03:38> "|TG|Smachin<BF Admin>" was kicked from the server by "|TG-70th| Zhohar" (UNDERAGE ban.)
                    Anything over $600, and it would be pointless to try and reason with Grandma
                    --Blackraven93

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                    X