Broken Nintendo DS

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Broken Nintendo DS

I was going to post this in the Wii/Nintendo forum, but there is so little activity there I'm afraid not many people will see it.

My problem is this - the power "slide" on my daughter's DS Lite stopped working so the unit would not turn off until the battery died. Nintendo wants $75 to fix it or $85 for a refurbished unit. Does anyone know of a cheaper way to get this fixed?
    |TG|Melee
    Clear Eyes, Full Hearts, Can't Lose!

Re: Broken Nintendo DS

http://www.flickr.com/photos/shalf/s...7604320666655/

I don't know how safe you would feel doing a DIY but it is an option, keep in mind that you risk permanently damaging the unit even more. From the looks of it you are probably better off sending it to Nintendo.

I guess you could just remove the battery pack each time she is done with it :P Although it is probably a bad idea.
    2142: |TG| BullyBoyBilly
    BC2: |TG| Wesb2
    BF3: Wesb23

Comment

My power slide kind of did that on my DS lite as well a few years ago. I always had to reset the slide all the down and then push it back up to turn it on and off. Hopefully that is all you need to do, but you might also try reading the DS instruction manual if you kept it, I think there is a soft reset if you hit A+B+shoulder buttons (or maybe it was Start+Select+Shoulders), there might be a power down set of buttons too.

Comment

Couldn't you just close the lid and put it into "sleep" mode? I'd imagine that should still work as a workaround of sorts.

Comment

A soft reset in some games is Select+Start+ sholders...

If you can buy a refurbished one, try fixing it yourself and just know that you can replace it.

Interested in listening to guitar playing and a good conversation, look for me on TS.

"Hope is for the weak. I hope for nothing. I work for things. That is the only way for events to unfold." -Cleverbot

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
          X