what happens to ram...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what happens to ram...

What happens to ram when it gets hot? I know it can cause it to "burn up" or ruin it, but I am talking about the symptoms and warning signs that indicate that the ram is getting too hot.

Interested in listening to guitar playing and a good conversation, look for me on TS.

"Hope is for the weak. I hope for nothing. I work for things. That is the only way for events to unfold." -Cleverbot

Re: what happens to ram...

Memory errors (BSODs with 0x30940293 error messages), System crashes and reboots on it's own, it fails to POST, etc. A whole range of things could happen when your RAM overheats. Of course, the only time I've read or seen RAM overheat is when someone was OCing the crap out of it trying to push his hardware to its limit. In 95% of cases, your RAM will never get hot enough for it to overheat.
    |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
    TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
    Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
    Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Now, consider laptops... Also, if it gets too hot, can the computer slow down in speed?

Interested in listening to guitar playing and a good conversation, look for me on TS.

"Hope is for the weak. I hope for nothing. I work for things. That is the only way for events to unfold." -Cleverbot

Comment

RAM won't slow down, that happens when the processor gets to hot. Some laptops BIOS's will "de-clock" a processor then to prevent overheating. Check for dust-clogged air intakes and heatpipes.

Comment

Ya, I do need to clean the thing... Have to do that after I get my replacement, which is soon.

Comment

Having used a laptop for gaming and for schoolwork in my first year of university, I would also highly recommend getting a laptop cooler, very useful if you game a lot :D

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Laptop_cooler

Comment

I got something from Belkin, but I broke its stand...

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
              X