Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Microsoft End of Support (EOS) Date

posted this just for an FYI

We would like to make you aware of important news regarding certain versions of Windows that could affect your computers and servers. On July 13, Microsoft support—including the release of new security updates—will end for Windows XP Service Pack 2 (SP2), Windows 2000 Server and Windows 2000 Professional. It is also important to note that support for Windows Vista Release to Manufacturing (or RTM, as it is commonly referred to, which indicates the original version without any service packs installed) ended on April 13.

KEY DATE

July 13, 2010

Product End of Support (EOS) Date
    Windows Vista RTM
    Windows XP SP2
    Windows 2000 Professional
    Windows 2000 Server

WHAT DOES THIS MEAN FOR YOU?

•Running an unsupported version of Windows could be harder to manage, expensive to maintain, and could expose your business and your customers to business and regulatory risks.

•Running an unsupported version of Windows could represent a security threat—Microsoft will no longer release new security updates for vulnerabilities discovered after EOS.

No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country.
    George S. Patton

Re: Microsoft End of Support (EOS) Date

Means nothing to me. I've made the switch to 7 on all my computers. I even put 7 on my old laptop. XP and 2000 have had a 10 year run, so I can understand them wanting to focus their efforts on newer OS's. The good thing about 7 is that MS is making it available pretty cheap. I paid around $95, which seems cheaper than previous versions of Windows.
    "Common sense is not so common." -Voltaire

Comment

Originally posted by War.mongeR1 View Post
      Means nothing to me. I've made the switch to 7 on all my computers. I even put 7 on my old laptop. XP and 2000 have had a 10 year run, so I can understand them wanting to focus their efforts on newer OS's. The good thing about 7 is that MS is making it available pretty cheap. I paid around $95, which seems cheaper than previous versions of Windows.
      Dude, he is simply posting an FYI.

Also, isn't & Ultimate able to have an XP compatibility mode or something, so does that mean they will continue support for some of the older software designed for XP?

Interested in listening to guitar playing and a good conversation, look for me on TS.

"Hope is for the weak. I hope for nothing. I work for things. That is the only way for events to unfold." -Cleverbot

Comment

Originally posted by BeSiege82 View Post
        Dude, he is simply posting an FYI.
        I was just responding to this question:
        Originally posted by redneck_fgf View Post
        WHAT DOES THIS MEAN FOR YOU?
        Didn't mean for it to come across as rude.
        "Common sense is not so common." -Voltaire

Comment

Windows Vista RTM
          Heh. I just have to kind of sigh and shake my head, knowing that there's probably tons of people out there who actually still have Vista pre-SP1 because they distrust updating or whatever (though it's more likely [insert random tech-illiterate relative]'s computer that sits off 95% of the time).

Comment

"WHAT DOES THIS MEAN FOR YOU?"
            Was park of the notice from Microsoft.....Just copied the e-mail they sent me, and XP has had a great run, heck I still have a copy of windows for workgroups, that is still great for some VB scripting and working with my robotic arm...

No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country.
            George S. Patton

Comment

Howdy, neighbour!

Originally posted by redneck_fgf View Post
              "WHAT DOES THIS MEAN FOR YOU?"
              heck I still have a copy of windows for workgroups, that is still great for some VB scripting and working with my robotic arm...
              Robotic arm?

Who needs a life when you can have a heavy bolter?
              --BlackMirror
              <23:03:38> "|TG|Smachin<BF Admin>" was kicked from the server by "|TG-70th| Zhohar" (UNDERAGE ban.)
              Anything over $600, and it would be pointless to try and reason with Grandma
              --Blackraven93

Comment

Originally posted by War.mongeR1 View Post
                I was just responding to this question:

Didn't mean for it to come across as rude.
                Oh, it seems that I misunderstood your intent. Sorry.

Interested in listening to guitar playing and a good conversation, look for me on TS.

"Hope is for the weak. I hope for nothing. I work for things. That is the only way for events to unfold." -Cleverbot

Comment

Eh, I still got XP running on two rigs. As long as I can still get the updates released for them through Windows Update I'll be fine.
                  |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
                  TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
                  Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
                  Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                  X