Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GTX 460 details

http://www.evga.com/products/moreinf...768-P3-1362-AR

It's here for that version but the other souped up versions are on preorder or notify still. What a budget card to get! It costs significantly less than the 260 when it first came out. I remember buying mine for 350 bucks.

I'll use this card in any gaming builds i do.

- -

Re: GTX 460 details

This looks like a pretty good value. The original Fermi parts, while powerful, were seriously flawed. This actually looks like a serious competitor to ATI's lineup. I think I'd have a hard time recommending a 5830 over one of these.
    sigpic

Comment

That's tough for an ati guy to admit! *grin*

- -

Comment

http://www.guru3d.com/article/geforce-gtx-460-review/

here is the review from guru3d

- -

Comment

Hopefully gets prices moving down.
          |TG-12th| Namebot

Comment

Originally posted by Vulcan View Post
            That's tough for an ati guy to admit! *grin*
            It hurts! :) I've actually had more Nvidia cards than ATI in my computers but my last two have been with the Red team. :)
            sigpic

Comment

I have one question: of the two line ups from ATI (the 5800 series) and Nvidia (the 400 series), which is better price wise and performance wise?

Interested in listening to guitar playing and a good conversation, look for me on TS.

"Hope is for the weak. I hope for nothing. I work for things. That is the only way for events to unfold." -Cleverbot

Comment

Nvidia's GTX 480 is the fastest card on the market but it and the 470 have some very serious issues with heat and power consumption. ATI's two higher end single GPU parts (the 5850 and 5870) are both quite fast and tend to perform better per dollar spent. The new GTX 460 appears to have changed the game. It doesn't compete with the 5850 or 5870 but rather the lower end 5830. However, the 1GB version costs about the same as the 5830, runs quieter and cooler (thanks to a better cooler for the most part), uses slightly less power and is slightly faster. This card could be a blockbuster for Nvidia.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BeSiege82
                  I have one question: of the two line ups from ATI (the 5800 series) and Nvidia (the 400 series), which is better price wise and performance wise?
                  Broadly speaking, you can summarize it as 480 > 5870 > 470 = 5850 > 5830. The 460 sits somewhere between the 5830 and 5850, slightly closer to the prior. That rating refers to only outright performance, however, nothing to do with other factors such as efficiency and price-to-performance.

Generally, it works nicely to check TomsHardware, as they have a monthly article attempting to more or less answer this question. Here is a link to July's update: http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/...tx,2676-7.html

Originally posted by Buckets
                  Nvidia's GTX 480 is the fastest card on the market
                  Incorrect; the HD5970 is. Granted, you can also describe the 5970 as what happens when you sandwich two 5870s together, so it depends on how you ask the question. The GTX 480, when the question is asked about the fastest "single" card...then yes, it is in the lead. The latest drivers apparently give the Fermi architecture up to a 20% performance boost, too, giving the 480 an even better standing.

Comment

If you can wait a little while longer..might be worth it. Dual chip 480

http://www.slashgear.com/asus-mars-i...leaks-1694166/

Comment

totally different price point there canada. the 460 is for lower end budget :p

- -

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                      X