Wifi enabled TV question

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wifi enabled TV question

I'm doing some research for work. We need to find two TV's that can access a webpage on our domain to display information in our call centers. We are trying to avoid pulling new cables and they want to do away with the current VGA over ethernet system currently in place.

A wifi enabled TV seems like the way to go, but can you actually plug a keyboard and mouse into them (or use the remote...shudder) to browse web pages or is the only content you can access limited to whatever apps the manufacturer installed?

Would we be better off getting something like this or like this, adding it to the domain and just using the TV as a monitor?

TG-18th 18th SF Operational Detachment Delta

If you're playing the game, be in the correct TeamSpeak Channel.

Re: Wifi enabled TV question

Originally posted by Spyder228 View Post
    or is the only content you can access limited to whatever apps the manufacturer installed?
    I think so, some TV's have a youtube App and so on, but I am no expert, what would work is a pc hooked up to the 2 TV's but that would involve cables.

Comment

Re: Wifi enabled TV question

Originally posted by Spyder228 View Post
      I'm doing some research for work. We need to find two TV's that can access a webpage on our domain to display information in our call centers. We are trying to avoid pulling new cables and they want to do away with the current VGA over ethernet system currently in place.

A wifi enabled TV seems like the way to go, but can you actually plug a keyboard and mouse into them (or use the remote...shudder) to browse web pages or is the only content you can access limited to whatever apps the manufacturer installed?

Would we be better off getting something like this or like this, adding it to the domain and just using the TV as a monitor?
      You sort of answered your own question. That's what I'd suggest as well as it does allow you guys some breathing room if you intend to take the setup a few steps beyond displaying a web page. Since WiFi TVs are limited right now, expensive, and not customizable, they might not be as useful later on.

The Lenovo you linked to would be my first choice (love that mini-keyboard and mouse stick track).
      |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
      TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
      Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
      Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
      X