Need a new HDD

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need a new HDD

Hey kids. My HDD is finally starting to die, and I want a new one, more pronto than less.

Where would I go in the mid-atlantic that's electronics-oriented (IE, would carry a quality hard drive) that's not Ciruit City or Best Buy? Price matters, of course, but having one not die would be real swell.
    [volun2]
    NS Game Officer. TF2 Admin. BF2 Admin / Scripter. PM with issues.
    Tempus: Pokerface is nailing it right on the head. Everyone who is arguing against him is simply arguing against reality.
    <anmuzi> it is not permitted to have privacy or anonymity
    <LazyEye> yeah when I play on TG the server digs though my trash

Arm yourself with knowledge: TG NS TF2 BF2

Re: Need a new HDD

Originally posted by Pokerface
    Hey kids. My HDD is finally starting to die, and I want a new one, more pronto than less.

Where would I go in the mid-atlantic that's electronics-oriented (IE, would carry a quality hard drive) that's not Ciruit City or Best Buy? Price matters, of course, but having one not die would be real swell.
    You best price is New Egg. I've bought a bunch of stuff from them, never had a single issue. Home delivery, no less. :D

Comment

But I have to WAIT for home delivery. :P
      Brick and mortar, anyone?
      [volun2]
      Tempus: Pokerface is nailing it right on the head. Everyone who is arguing against him is simply arguing against reality.

Comment

Or tigerdirect, theve got some really good summer deals out now.

Is the HDD IDE or SATA?

250GB for 80bucks.

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applicati...5028&CatId=525
        Oyee

Comment

Originally posted by Pokerface
          But I have to WAIT for home delivery. :P
          Brick and mortar, anyone?
          How about Microcenter?

http://www.microcenter.com/at_the_stores/fairfax.html

Looks like its near Tyson's Corner.

That's a good bet. They always have decent prices here, and I've picked up some OIB stuff there, and it's always worked.

Comment

Microcenter has good prices here in colorado also compusa has places near you.
            sNIFF

Comment

That microcenter location is about 5 minutes from my house. They have some reasonable prices. I believe they have a 120 GB IDE or SATA samsung drive for around $100. I bought the SATA model, its speedy and very quiet.

Poker, with the money you would save by buying from Newegg instead of bestbuy you could probably get overnight delivery and still save a few bux.

If you are dead set on buying offline, you might want to try CompUSA. There should be some locations in your area, but they arn't much better than Bestbuy.
              Steam Community: | |

Comment

meh... i want something now. budget may tell me to do otherwise, though.
                [volun2]

Comment

CompUSA - 250GB hard drive $100 after rebate
                  Hitachi (IBM) Deskstar H3250B72P 250GB ATA-100 7200rpm 8MB-cache internal hard drive for $135, and a $35 mail-in rebate is available. Add $5 for online shipping, or add another $15 to your online cart to get free shipping. No shipping fees for in-store pickup.

MonarchComputer.com - 320GB Serial-ATA hard drive $134
                  Western Digital WD3200JD 320GB Serial-ATA 7200rpm 8MB-cache hard drive for $150 with free shipping. Coupon code SGJE-30CCHS gives $16 off. Most stores sell it for over $170.
                  |TG-12th| asch
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by kormendi
                    Poker, with the money you would save by buying from Newegg instead of bestbuy you could probably get overnight delivery and still save a few bux.
                    I was going to reply with exactly the same thing.

I also agree on the SATA, if your mobo is recent. On an older board, it may be tricky to configure SATA as your boot device (unless it's not your boot device, then SATA away :P)

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                    X