DELL PC DESKTOP Problem

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DELL PC DESKTOP Problem

Quick computer question, last night after a long round of Kashan on Project Reality I went to exit out of PR, except my computer kind of froze and I ended up just turning it off.

This morning when my Mother went to turn on the computer, it wouldn't fully boot, it would turn on, but the orange light would flash and it was beeping, any idea of what the problem might be? How to fix it? Is it Bios related?
    Randy = Ace ! - Warlab
    Level II Volunteer FireFighter
    Level I HazMat Technician
    NYS EMT-B
    Town of Mamaroneck Fire Dept.

sigpic

Bring On Project Reality 1.0!!!
    RSS Feeds:Bamboo | | 9/11 - Never Forget |
    Apophis - "TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population.
    Tactical Gamer is not mainstream.
    We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers."

Re: DELL PC DESKTOP Problem

Sounds like a hard drive failure of some sort, ensure your hard drive cables are plugged in all the way.
    |TG-73rd|Socomseal
    |TG-73rd Member| Former TG Irregular ArmA Platoon Leader| Former TG ArmA Admin XO| TG Pathfinder - Spartan 1 |TGU ArmA Instructor |Former TG-18th Member| |Former TG-1st Member|

"Its easy to argue about issues from afar. But until you have experienced the issue first hand, you have not seen all the facts."

Carver you will be cut off for a long time before reinforcements can reach you "I am the reinforcements the main force is only coming to bring me body bags and to clean up the mess Im about to make" - General Carver

Comment

That beeping is a POST code. If you know what BIOS the computer is running (or could tell us the exact Dell model it is so we could figure it out) and could describe the POST code in detail, it could help identify the problem.

This link should help you somewhat in that task.
      http://www.computerhope.com/beep.htm

The fact that it's coherent enough to give you a POST code is actually a positive light.

Comment

TBH I didn't listen all that long I was running late to catch a train, but when I arrive home i'll boot it up and pay attention to the beeps and post from my iphone. Someone at work suggested it might also be a power supply problem?
        Randy = Ace ! - Warlab
        NYS EMT-B

sigpic

Apophis - "TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population.

Comment

You might just need to clear your CMOS if the beep code's non-existent (never found those codes all that helpful).
          |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
          TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
          Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
          Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Wanted to say thanks to all for your help! A few days prior to the release of Project Reality .95 I ran into a similar problem yet again. However with your suggestions from this thread and from others through PM's I was able to single it out to being the RAM.

The folks at crucial.com were extremely accommodating and I was able to redeem the 4 sticks of 1GB RAM at no extra charge through their lifetime guarantee promise (this was the first positive customer service interaction I think I've ever had).

Even being a novice I encountered some similar problems when I installed the RAM, but instead of breaking the comp I was able to bring it to a local comp repair place I trust and it turns out I didn't push the ram down hard enough (I give you comp guys credit, I swear I thought I was going to break something), and in the end I wasn't charged an arm and a leg.

So basically thank you all for all of your help and with any luck tomorrow or Thursday evening I'll see you on the Project Reality Server.

Thanks again!
            Randy = Ace ! - Warlab
            NYS EMT-B

sigpic

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...