Logitech just announced 3 new gaming peripheral

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Logitech just announced 3 new gaming peripheral

Logitech just announced 3 new toys in an already overcrowded market. But I have to admit the wireless headsets would be nice on some occasions. It can't do true surround sound, but no cord might make up for that in a lot of gamers view.

The keyboard also brings back the crazy ammount of G keys that everyone says they missed from the G15 V.2

Logitech's G700 mouse and G930 headset cut the cords, G510 chops price tag of primo keyboard parts

There is a video at the link showing them all off.............

LINKS

Stoop and you'll be stepped on; stand tall and you'll be shot at.

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Re: Logitech just announced 3 new gaming peripheral

Damn u Bamboo.....I just bought a laser mouse and now I want that one :(
    "Everyone makes fun of us rednecks with our big trucks and all our guns........until the zombie apocalypse"

Comment

Hmm, that's a nice mouse. I just wish it wasn't so darn fugly! :/
      |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
      TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
      Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
      Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Headphones look impressive !

Comment

Double post :/
          Last edited by Cheburash; 08-05-2010, 09:22 PM.

Who needs a life when you can have a heavy bolter?
          --BlackMirror
          <23:03:38> "|TG|Smachin<BF Admin>" was kicked from the server by "|TG-70th| Zhohar" (UNDERAGE ban.)
          Anything over $600, and it would be pointless to try and reason with Grandma
          --Blackraven93

Comment

According to a review, the mouse is a wireless/wired combination product, which makes me actually willing to consider it. I'm never buying another wireless gaming mouse if I can help it.

Maybe I'll get one of these, instead. All wired :)

--BlackMirror
            <23:03:38> "|TG|Smachin<BF Admin>" was kicked from the server by "|TG-70th| Zhohar" (UNDERAGE ban.)
            --Blackraven93

Comment

Originally posted by Cheburash View Post
              According to a review, the mouse is a wireless/wired combination product, which makes me actually willing to consider it. I'm never buying another wireless gaming mouse if I can help it.

Maybe I'll get one of these, instead. All wired :)
              Double post! :p

I haven't gone back to wired mice for my main desktop ever since I moved to a G7 5 years ago. It's wireless mice since.
              |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
              Former 9th & 13th

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Gah! Double post shame!

I guess I got burned by my experience with a faulty Logitech wireless unit (can't remember the model now). It came with rechargeable batteries, except the charger didn't, y'know... Charge. So over a five-day period, the usable life of the mouse before batteries had to be switched dwindled to something like 7.2 minutes. Less than the length of a single BF2142 round, you'll note.

That, plus the highly variable receiver sensitivity, possibility of interference (my wife is currently warring with her Logitech Bluetooth mouse that won't connect properly from 4 feet away), and much lower DPI count have all turned me off of wireless mice. The cord really doesn't bother me that much. Chewing through batteries, on the other hand, does.

--BlackMirror
                --Blackraven93

Comment

Originally posted by Cheburash View Post
                  Gah! Double post shame!

I guess I got burned by my experience with a faulty Logitech wireless unit (can't remember the model now). It came with rechargeable batteries, except the charger didn't, y'know... Charge. So over a five-day period, the usable life of the mouse before batteries had to be switched dwindled to something like 7.2 minutes. Less than the length of a single BF2142 round, you'll note.

That, plus the highly variable receiver sensitivity, possibility of interference (my wife is currently warring with her Logitech Bluetooth mouse that won't connect properly from 4 feet away), and much lower DPI count have all turned me off of wireless mice. The cord really doesn't bother me that much. Chewing through batteries, on the other hand, does.
                  Well, the G line will definitely chew through it's battery in less than 8 hours and that's simply because they include a low cap battery (my G7 had 840 mAh cells). Typically a Duracell AA outputing @ 1.5v has 2000+ mAh. Hence why I'm rather fond of my MX1100 2.4 GHz wireless mouse. I can run on 1 or 2 AAs and go for 3-4 months with heavy, heavy use before I even need to change the batteries.

The downside with the above G700 is that the battery is probably not user replaceable. So after 2-3 years of heavy use, that battery's at it's EOL cycle and would need to be replaced (probably means you need to buy a new mouse).

As for the receiver, it basically needs to be in front of your mouse and not behind it. When I say "in front", doesn't mean exactly right in front. Think of a plane that runs perpendicular to the front of the mouse. Anywhere in front of that plane (up, down, sideways, etc) is "in front". Given that, you shouldn't have any electronic device in the line-of-sight between the receiver and the mouse or else you'll experience erratic cursor movements or it simply won't "work".

Once that's out of the way, you should have no problems using your mouse.
                  |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
                  Former 9th & 13th

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

I finally remembered: What I had was the G7. You can find G7 replacement batteries for about $13 all over the place -- I'd hope something similar was available for the G700. Of course even if that wasn't true, you'd still have a perfectly usable wired mouse.

(3-4 months on a pair of Duracell AAs? That's pretty amazing; it's what I get from my *keyboard*)

--BlackMirror
                    --Blackraven93

Comment

Engadget also posted a review of the mouse and headphones:
                      Logitech G700 mouse and G930 headset review

LINKS

Stoop and you'll be stepped on; stand tall and you'll be shot at.

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Comment

Originally posted by Bamboo View Post
                        Engadget also posted a review of the mouse and headphones:
                        Logitech G700 mouse and G930 headset review
                        It's hard plastic with textured sides. Ick. Never mind the sleekness, I'll pass. At $100, it's a overly expensive downgrade from my old G7 or even my current MX1100. Couldn't go without the rubberized sides.
                        |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
                        Former 9th & 13th

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                        X