Windows XP 64bit

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windows XP 64bit

Anyone using WinXP 64? MS has a trade-up offer right now, where legit users of XP can upgrade their OS to XP64, no charge, by June 30th....

I'm wondering just how stable it is? I can continue using my XP lisence, but if I ever need to install my OS again, I'd be stuck with the XP64 key.
    |TG|Syn - [defense] :row__572:

Re: Windows XP 64bit

MS does have a trial version of XP x64. I've loaded it on one PC and have be doing some off-line CS:S to see how it works. I recommend you try that before you give up your XP license.

If I can find the link to download ISO I'll post in this thread.

EZ
    EZKill d.b.a. EZ

Comment

my dilema is the lack of time to try 64 bit, I'm off camping tomorrow and won't be back until the offer expires. lol.
      |TG|Syn - [defense] :row__572:

Comment

I was wondering about this. What is your experience with this, EZKill?

3) Support game play in a near-simulation environment. Where the focus of play would not be solely on doing what it takes to win, but doing so utilizing real-world combat strategy and tactics rather than leveraging exploits provided to players by the design of the game engine.

Comment

I've had no problems with CS:S so far, but I haven't loaded all drivers yet, e.g., Nostromo Speedpad, wireless mouse... Need to load some other applications to see how they work also. I don't think 16 bit application installers will work on x64.

From what I've heard, drivers for external devices are not being developed as fast as for internal devices. Guru3D had 64 bit driver for 6800 that's working fine.

I'm going to hold on to my XP licenses. I can get OEM XP x64 from a friend, who's a retailer, for under $200. He owes me. In my persuit of computing speed I've probably paid his daughter's way through college.
          EZKill d.b.a. EZ

Comment

EZKill, newegg is selling x64 winxp for 150.00
            Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -Albert Einstein
            The two most common elements in the universe are Hydrogen and stupidity. -Harlan Ellison

If all else fails: "rm -rf /"

Comment

the first public RC1 was "ok" it was 100% stable, it was just the lack of 64bit drivers that caused issues.

Now however things are much better. Ive heard that XP64 gains quiet alot if you have 2gb +, so that might be worth thinking about (if you have that much ram). For now though, XP32 will be faster since all games are 32bit....

Myself, ive just brought an 4400x2 (dual core) and might upgrade to 2gig ram soon, will probably sort out dual boot though, so i have XP32 as standard, and XP64 for testing.

I wouldnt, however transfer lisences over, id much rather keep the xp32 as well (not that i have one ;)) and have a xp64 lisence too
              From Adam Webb

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
              X