Cheap memory

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cheap memory

BF2 has come around and I have found that my system performance is a bit saggy. I'm not trying to run anything but low settings with a Radeon 9600se, but I figured 512 MB ram just isnít going to cut it. So I found this deal on New Egg: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16820141510
    What do you guys think, I'm almost a total nub when it comes to memory.

Re: Cheap memory

Most of the major RAM makers have mobo compatability charts that you can browse through to make sure the ram you're buying will work with your motherboard. But that's about the only thing I really worry about with RAM.
    a.k.a. NinjaPirateAssassin
    Celibacy is not Hereditary.
    Everybody should believe in something - I believe I'll have another drink.
    Happiness is like wetting your pants, everyone can see it but only you can feel the warmth.
    Flying is easy, Just throw yourself at the ground and miss!

Comment

I've found, as with most things computery, that you get what you pay for with RAM.

[tg-c1][conduct]

Chuck Norris can believe it's not butter

Comment

Originally posted by Scooper
        I've found, as with most things computery, that you get what you pay for with RAM.
        makes sense...but I'm cheap so this would do.

Comment

Originally posted by Scooper
          Generally speaking, that's very true. It's also why when I buy PC parts, I buy them all name-brand. (doesn't mean expensive, just higher quality)
          a.k.a. NinjaPirateAssassin
          Celibacy is not Hereditary.
          Everybody should believe in something - I believe I'll have another drink.
          Happiness is like wetting your pants, everyone can see it but only you can feel the warmth.
          Flying is easy, Just throw yourself at the ground and miss!

Comment

Its a bad idea to buy memory blindly. Your motherboard may support dual channel memory. If it currently has two 256MB sticks, you may want to get two 512MB sticks to replace them. That is just an example... can't really know for sure unless I have more info on your setup.

What is the make and model of your motherboard?

Also take a look in your PC and see if you have 1 or 2 sticks of memory... or dont look if you already know.
            Last edited by kormendi; 06-29-2005, 11:36 AM.
            Steam Community: | |

Comment

Originally posted by kormendi
              Its a bad idea to buy memory blindly. Your motherboard may support dual channel memory. If it currently has two 256MB sticks, you may want to get two 512MB sticks to replace them. That is just an example... can't really know for sure unless I have more info on your setup.

What is the make and model of your motherboard?

Also take a look in your PC and see if you have 1 or 2 sticks of memory... or dont look if you already know.
              I currently have 1 stick of 512 memory and I guess this is the name of the board: ASUS A7V8X-LA

Comment

Im having trouble finding the exact specs of the A7V8X-LA. The A7V8X does not support Dual channel, so I will assume the same for your model.

The Viking memory you linked will work fine for you as long as you keep the timings relaxed and dont try to overclock.
                Steam Community: | |

Comment

"Cheap" and "RAM" do not belong anywhere near the phrase "gaming PC."

Comment

Originally posted by TheFeniX
                    "Cheap" and "RAM" do not belong anywhere near the phrase "gaming PC."
                    i cant afford a "gaming PC" so I'll just take the one that plays games(huh?)

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                    X