Gaming Laptop Advice Required

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Gaming Laptop Advice Required

personally, if you want the performance of the ATI, go for it and I can't say to the 6300. I almost ordered my laptop from BTO instead just to get the 6300 from intel and a few other goodies, but I decided on Xoticpc in the end.

Comment

Originally posted by BeSiege82 View Post
      personally, if you want the performance of the ATI, go for it and I can't say to the 6300. I almost ordered my laptop from BTO instead just to get the 6300 from intel and a few other goodies, but I decided on Xoticpc in the end.
      Which retailer is BTO? All I could get from searching were a number of sites advertising built to order laptops, and one that seemed to be in the UK.

Found it now, BTOTech right?

I went with the Nvidia card, after reading all the reviews I could find, the general opinion seemed to be that they were just about matched (with the Ati usually a bit on top), but that driver improvements with the Nvidia should optimize it and hopefully put it in the lead. I did however get them to upgrade the wireless card, so hopefully that will work well.

My check should have arrived Friday so they say they should have it Monday, and hopefully process it in a few days. If all goes well I may have the laptop in two weeks, if not, 3.

Comment

In the market, want one before xmas. This bad boy gets released soon, real nice specs:

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showpr...odid=LT-025-MS

However, man is it big and ugly.

My other option is a Alienware M11x. Less on the specs, (i5 and NVidia 335m) but enough to run PR and other things, and small and light for travel. The final option I hit on was the new XPS 15 with the i7 740QM and NVidia 435M with 2gb of RAM............choices............

Comment

@ Jeepo

I think the M11x is nice, but too expensive and there is no internal disc drive in the M11x.

The XPS 15 sounds nice, but I don't know too much about it, but I am not a fan of the NVidia cards...

Comment

Yeah, you are right. I LOVE the thought of it being so easy to move, but apart from travelling maybe 1 or 2 times a month I don't need to really worry about that. Spent all yesterday and today on forums and thinking it through. Just ordered the MSI GX6600:

Specifications

CPU Intel Core i5-460M 2.53GHz Processor
            OS Genuine Windows 7 Home Premium
            Chipset Intel PM55
            Memory 6GB DDR3 1066 MHz
            LCD Size 15.6" FHD 1920*1080 TFT-LCD Display (LED Backlight)
            Graphics ATi Mobility Radeon HD 5870M
            Graphics VRAM GDDR5 1GB
            HDD 2x500GB in RAID 0 SATA
            Optical Drive Super-Multi DVDRW
            Audio 2 Theater Class Speakers +1 Subwoofer

- HD Webcam
            - Card Reader XD/SD/MMC/MS
            - LAN 10/100/1000
            - Wireless LAN 802.11 b/g/n
            - Bluetooth V2.0EDR
            - D-Sub (VGA)
            - HDMI
            - 2x USB 2.0 port
            - 2x USB 3.0 port
            - eSATA
            - 120W AC Adapter
            - 9 cell Battery

Damn fast enough for me, and will have it for xmas when I travel home, so no 3 week dry spell like last year. This thing will chew PR out! Damn thing has a better GPU than my desktop!:)

Will keep me going for years and is HIGHLY modifiable in the future, people already have SSD's and i7 Quads in these, but I have no need at all for now. Was a bit concerned about the look of the thing, but caught a good video review of it, that also showed the looks. Thankfully I can turn the neon off after I watch TRON on it! :D............

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
            X