Hyperthreading!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hyperthreading!

Hey guys I am running windows 7 with an i7 processor, because my HPT <----(hyperthreading) is enabled, it is messing up my Arma2 performance, I tried turning it off in BIOS but there is no option to do that there. Please if anyone can help I would be very greatful, thx

Re: Hyperthreading!

What problems are you having with ArmA2?

As for disabling HT, it will be in BIOS under the CPU stuff. The label for it should be HT, not HPT. It will likely be grouped with options such as Turbo and Speedstep.
    |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
    TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
    Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
    Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

I checked and my BIOS doesn't have any options for HT and as far as Arma I am getting about 25 to 30 fps and it should be better with the computer I have and it especially is jumpy when playing vanilla Arma2, Yoma says that hyperthreading should be disabled for better in game performance, so that is what I am trying to do, it says im running 8 cpu's.

Comment

So, you've all just about sold me on the G73-JH, but I still have a few concerns. My main misgiving is that even with the extended warranty the coverage is still inferior to that of the Toshiba. Secondly, I don't quite like the arangment of HDDs (I really liked the SSD for programs and HDD for media that the Toshiba offered) and the lack of Bluray, I assume that could be handled either by myself or a tech shop, but not without voiding the warranty, would that be accurate? I had also been interested in USB 3.0, but since none of the reasonably priced full on gaming options I found had it I can accept the loss.

Now I think given the big savings over the Qosmio, the warranty is probably not all that important since I can use the extra money to buy a netbook/small laptop/tablet for taking to school, which should save a lot of wear and tear on the laptop. With that in mind, do you have any advice as to what would do well to fill that role (to take to school, take notes, browse the web, write documents, and listen to some music)?

If anyone has any experience with cooling pads that would work with a 17" laptop that they could share that would be great. I have tried a few, but largely they have been designed for smaller models.

Comment

Hey bear, are you launching with Yoma? If you are there is an option there to disable hyperthreading just while you run ArmA. Hit me up, I will walk you through it. Its as easy as a few mouse clicks.

[unit][squadl][command2]

KnyghtMare ~You could always tell the person holding the gun to your head you would like to play on a different server...

Comment

I am running Yoma and that is what is telling me to disable hyper threading I would definitely appreciate the help

Comment

Ok. Open Yoma. Double click the OA updater linky thing. The first page it will bring you to is the one that lists all the players and what mission and yadda yadda yadda. Look on the right hand side under the mission information you will see two tabs. The first one has clickables for "No Splash Screen", "CPU Count" and some others. Click the "Advanced" tab. Under it you will see a clicky box that says "Threads". Click that, and set it to "0".

Give it a go and let me know how it went.

[unit][squadl][command2]

KnyghtMare ~You could always tell the person holding the gun to your head you would like to play on a different server...

Comment

Bear what are the other specs of your machine?
                What resolution and quality settings are you using?

Graphics and gaming performance is more than just the CPU.
                |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
                Former 9th & 13th

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Originally posted by Acreo Aeneas View Post
                  Bear what are the other specs of your machine?
                  What resolution and quality settings are you using?

Graphics and gaming performance is more than just the CPU.

In bears case, CPU hyperthreading actually makes gameplay fps do a nose dive. So his problems are CPU related and not graphics card and the like.

[unit][squadl][command2]

Comment

Originally posted by Dredge View Post
                    In bears case, CPU hyperthreading actually makes gameplay fps do a nose dive. So his problems are CPU related and not graphics card and the like.
                    Ah okay.
                    |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
                    Former 9th & 13th

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                    X