Need Fan Help

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Fan Help

I upgraded my CPU yesterday to a AMD 1090T (it rocks btw ;) ). I only have one problem. The CPU fan it came with is really loud. It sounds like someone is trying to fly an RC plane in my living room. I am going to rip it out and put a better one in, my question to anyone "In The Know" is;

Will a Corsair H50 keep it cool enough? Will it also be quiet? I have one running in another custom build but the CPU in that one is way smaller than the 1090. Will that have any effect on the fan as far as how much it puts out, how loud it is?

Thanks in advance guys!

[unit][squadl][command2]

KnyghtMare ~You could always tell the person holding the gun to your head you would like to play on a different server...

Re: Need Fan Help

Originally posted by Dredge View Post
    I upgraded my CPU yesterday to a AMD 1090T (it rocks btw ;) ). I only have one problem. The CPU fan it came with is really loud. It sounds like someone is trying to fly an RC plane in my living room. I am going to rip it out and put a better one in, my question to anyone "In The Know" is;

Will a Corsair H50 keep it cool enough? Will it also be quiet? I have one running in another custom build but the CPU in that one is way smaller than the 1090. Will that have any effect on the fan as far as how much it puts out, how loud it is?

Thanks in advance guys!
    It's virtually silent. Make sure your case has a 120 mm fan slot in the back and enough clearance room. The fan only acts to help the radiator cool the water before recycling it back to the CPU plate to continue cooling your chip.

Here's one of many reviews on the H50: http://www.legitreviews.com/article/1025/7/
    |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
    TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
    Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
    Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

I am using this cooler setup in an non optimal case/airflow situation.

The only changes I have made from normall installs, is In addition to the Intake fan (default) I have placed a 2nd exhaust fan on the opposite side of the radiator block.

ASCII Art !!!!

AIR >>> [INTAKE FAN] >> [RADIATOR BLOCK] >> [EXHAUST FAN] >>

The audible changes are very minimal, in nearly all cases it will be far more quiet than your GPU fan.
      The only reason I needed a 2nd fan in my setup was because of the limited airflow in my case and the lack of a proper exhaust port near the cpu area (aka no sidepannel vent/top vent)

Again, the default fan for this is nearly silent. If your case has proper venting there should be no need to change out the fans or add additional fans. The placement of the intake is critical though. You do not want your intake to be at the same location as your video card exhaust... creating a loop of hot air would not be beneficial.

There should be no problems with running the H50 with that CPU.
      The views expressed herein are my own and do not necessarily represent the views of TacticalGamer.com or of any other TacticalGamer ArmA Administration member, reader discretion is advised.

Comment

My GPU fan is putting the heat out towards the bottom of my case, and it goes out the side. I have vents all along the plexiglass "View Port" side. So that wouldnt be a problem. I just want the dang noise to go away without melting my CPU in the process ;)

[unit][squadl][command2]

KnyghtMare ~You could always tell the person holding the gun to your head you would like to play on a different server...

Comment

GPU is going to be the majority of your noise, with out question... The stock H50 is damn near silent.
          The views expressed herein are my own and do not necessarily represent the views of TacticalGamer.com or of any other TacticalGamer ArmA Administration member, reader discretion is advised.

Comment

Originally posted by Impulse 9 View Post
            GPU is going to be the majority of your noise, with out question... The stock H50 is damn near silent.
            That it is. Almost lost it when I heard water moving, but Lorelei told me thats just the water circulating in the hose at start up. I was panicked for a few seconds. :)

[unit][squadl][command2]

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
            X