Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Leaked Intel roadmap details Sandy Bridge CPUs, expands SSD lineup?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leaked Intel roadmap details Sandy Bridge CPUs, expands SSD lineup?

This was just posted on Engadget, and with everything "leak" related, you have to take it with a grain of salt. But still, if true, we will be fondling new gen3 SSD drives in the 4th quarter of this year, so just a couple of months away. If the jump between gen 1 and gen 2 were any hint, we will all be drooling over them very soon. Think of a super fast 160gig with 25nm flash for a MSRP of ~$250.

They also mention some about the Sandy Bridge stuff, which will replace the current i7. Like we talked about in the last Intel thread I posted, it will require a new motherboard from the q67 line. I've been too busy lately to keep up with the net leaks about how good the new chips are, but I'm sure they will wow all of us, both with the initial price to upgrade and the boost in FPS.

Check it out:
    Leaked Intel roadmap details Sandy Bridge CPUs, expands SSD lineup?

LINKS

Stoop and you'll be stepped on; stand tall and you'll be shot at.

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Re: Leaked Intel roadmap details Sandy Bridge CPUs, expands SSD lineup?

Like we talked about in the last Intel thread I posted, it will require a new motherboard from the q67 line.
    This crap needs to stop, pronto. I'm not buying a new goddamn mobo everytime I want to upgrade my CPU.

Comment

Yeah, it sucks, but from the other slides in the article it does look like some other regular i7 chips will be released, so there will still be an option to upgrade another year or so for those on the current boards.

LINKS

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Comment

I'm waiting for the new X-25M 160GB. :)

|TG-12th| Troublesome4u

Comment

Originally posted by Gill View Post
          This crap needs to stop, pronto. I'm not buying a new goddamn mobo everytime I want to upgrade my CPU.
          That's why I went AMD. Their new chips, even the newest 6 core ones, are backward compatible with 90% of all their old mobos

[unit][squadl][command2]

KnyghtMare ~You could always tell the person holding the gun to your head you would like to play on a different server...

Comment

Finally starting to get some details:
            Intel's Sandy Bridge CPUs detailed and tested exhaustively, actually made from sand

For the desktop, the quad-core processor with integrated graphics performs quite well, besting similarly-clocked current processors by around 10 percent while offering similar power consumption. What the chip, and indeed the whole series, doesn't offer is overclocking -- at least not proper overclocking, with Intel locking down both the multipler and the FSB. On the mobile side things will initially be a bit slower, with clock speeds maxing out at around 2.7GHz, compared to 3.4GHz on the desktop side. But, all mobile chips will have 12 graphics "EUs," Intel's arbitrary concept of graphics cores, enough for Anand to conclude that discrete graphics will not be needed for most laptops going forward. That, dear readers, is what we like to call progress.
            Bolds are mine. Can't wait to see how this turns out.

LINKS

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
            X