Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will not boot when IDE drive installed -- help!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will not boot when IDE drive installed -- help!

My ASUS Rampage III will not recognize my IDE drive and will not boot up when it is plugged in.

Any clues as to why a new MoB will not play well with an otherwise fine IDE drive?
    Last edited by E-Male; 08-17-2010, 11:07 AM.
    sigpic

Re: Will not boot when IDE drive installed -- help!

NOTE:

Bios does not even 'see' (list) my Sata system drive, although it does show up under the list of drives in the drive boot sequence list.

Also, the bios is set to configure sata as IDE -- is this correct for a non-raid setup?

Geez, all I want to do is connect a perfectly good ide drive to a new system!!! There goes my morning....
    sigpic

Comment

Update:

The problem drive is NOT and IDE but a SEAGATE 7200rpm 350g Barracuda sata drive -- now why will this stop the system from moving past the bios and starting windows?
      sigpic

Comment

In your BIOS make sure that any option for RAID is off, and that SATA is selected. In my Gigabyte board it is under the "Peripherals" section. Sorry man, I don't know enough about your board to help much, and am at work so can't check until I get home!

Comment

Thanks Jeepo,

I do not know what the orginal problem was, but by changing to another drive port (cable plugin thingy) the problem resolved itself.

Noob mistake on my part...

Now I can go buy a few games and get teamspeak ect set up...
          sigpic

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
          X