No announcement yet.

Boxee box / Google TV /ROKU /Xbox 360?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boxee box / Google TV /ROKU /Xbox 360?

Ok folks.. The next great step for tv is right around the corner with the release of both the Boxee Box and the Google TV hardware.. I mean the programming has been around but a simple implementations for the masses hasn't... So right now I am sporting a ROKU..mosly for my Netflix streaming and an occasional MediaFly TWIT podcast or even Hak5 .. But I am thinking of going the Xbox 360 route this Winter with a 360/Kinetic combo ( the only way I can get the 360 into the living room is the kinetic.. )..which would cover the Netflix and the DVD playing... and I assume with PlayOn I could stream other stervices similar to Google TV/ROKU/BOXEE..

What do you think would be a great reason to go either Boxee or Google TV and a 360? Or what do you think would be better between the two..Google or Boxee?

It all looks so good.. I may have to get a few to just try them . ;-)
    |TG|ARMA Pathfinder
    ..now where did I put my keys?

Re: Boxee box / Google TV /ROKU /Xbox 360?

Right now I'm pretty interested in seeing how Google TV turns out.
    As far as the Xbox, I would actually lean more towards the PS3 for the BlueRay, and it can play everything that Xbox can like Netflix, plus already has like Hulu Plus and other stuff.

LINKS

Stoop and you'll be stepped on; stand tall and you'll be shot at.

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Comment

I agree the smart move would be the PS3 with bluray, but the only thing getting a console into the living room is the Kinect add-on and some BS Motion exercise or dance program for my wife.. something.. Otherwise the kids area go for any takers!..
      |TG|ARMA Pathfinder
      ..now where did I put my keys?

Comment

I say Boxee Box over Google TV... I don't understand websurfing over the TV.

If its down between the 360 or Roku I'd go 360 and Kinect. However, I'm a motion control supporter so I'm digging Kinect.

Comment

Originally posted by Ytman View Post
          I say Boxee Box over Google TV... I don't understand websurfing over the TV.

If its down between the 360 or Roku I'd go 360 and Kinect. However, I'm a motion control supporter so I'm digging Kinect.
          I don't plan to web surf over tv all the time, but there are times when I see something on TV, or just think of something while watching that I would like to check out real quick. Right now I either have to go to the spare bedroom and boot up the gaming rig, or boot up the laptop in the kitchen. Would be awesome to just look something up real quick like during a commercial break, then back to the show I was watching.

And as far as the kinect thing, you know Sony has one as well, and from some of the stuff from E3 it looks better. Yeah, the MS one doesn't require a controller, but it looks like the Sony can sense much finer detailed movement.

LINKS

Stoop and you'll be stepped on; stand tall and you'll be shot at.

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
          X