Video card help.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Video card help.

I have bought this video card when i was building my new PC. Its SAPPHIRE 100281SR Radeon HD 5870 (Cypress XT) 1GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFire Supported Video Card w/ATI Eyefinity. I wanted to do Crossfire but the card was $409 so i thought let me by one for now and wait until price drop a bit. I have been checking the price for some time now and it did not dropped and now this card is out of stock everywhere and no one is saying when and if it will be available. Even the manufacture web site. Is there an other card that could go with this one or it has to be exact same model? Does anyone know where i can buy new/used one?
    sigpic

Re: Video card help.

I had a look around and all my places are sold out too. Yes, you need the exact same card for CrossFire setup. I will keep looking for you though and will post up some links if I find you one.

EDIT:

Check here: http://www.compusa.com/applications/...Sort=0&Recs=10

Anything there look like yours?

[unit][squadl][command2]

KnyghtMare ~You could always tell the person holding the gun to your head you would like to play on a different server...

Comment

They are a very popular card. When I bought my two at the end of July, Newegg would only let me buy one at a time over a 48 hour period because of their popularity.

Comment

The one on CompUSA is a 100281-3SR

I'm not sure that will work but the specs look the same. May want to call sapphire and ask them.

- -

Comment

Originally posted by Vulcan View Post
          The one on CompUSA is a 100281-3SR

I'm not sure that will work but the specs look the same. May want to call sapphire and ask them.
          Thats what threw me off. I wasn't sure if it was the same or if it is an offshoot. Thats the only gripe I have about Radeon cards.

[unit][squadl][command2]

KnyghtMare ~You could always tell the person holding the gun to your head you would like to play on a different server...

Comment

Originally posted by Dredge View Post
            Thats what threw me off. I wasn't sure if it was the same or if it is an offshoot. Thats the only gripe I have about Radeon cards.
            I does not look like mine, but i will call and see if that could work.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by PL_OSTRY View Post
              I does not look like mine, but i will call and see if that could work.
              Even if they say it will I wouldn't risk it man. I will keep looking around for you. Safe and sorry and all that ;)

[unit][squadl][command2]

Comment

Originally posted by PL_OSTRY View Post
                I have bought this video card when i was building my new PC. Its SAPPHIRE 100281SR Radeon HD 5870 (Cypress XT) 1GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFire Supported Video Card w/ATI Eyefinity. I wanted to do Crossfire but the card was $409 so i thought let me by one for now and wait until price drop a bit. I have been checking the price for some time now and it did not dropped and now this card is out of stock everywhere and no one is saying when and if it will be available. Even the manufacture web site. Is there an other card that could go with this one or it has to be exact same model? Does anyone know where i can buy new/used one?
                You do not need the exact same card. You can use any 5870 and I believe that you can use a 5850 as well.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Buckets View Post
                  You do not need the exact same card. You can use any 5870 and I believe that you can use a 5850 as well.
                  Not saying I dont trust you, but do you have any info that supports that? I have always been told it needed to be the same card for it to work. If I don't need the exact same card I'm going to a.) Key the guys car that told me that and b.) go get another card :)

[unit][squadl][command2]

Comment

http://sites.amd.com/PublishingImage...ombo_chart.jpg (<--- yes)

The options to mix in SLI(Nvidia cards) seems much more limited, cards must be the same the same type of card(8800gt cannot mix with 8800gs even though they use the same GPU) and have the same amount of memory.
                    |TG-12th| Namebot

Comment

for the record....they don't have to be same manufacturer....or clock speeds for that matter, my advice is just find one with similar clock speeds on the GPU and memory and you would be fine. I know because I have done it with 2 cards that were different brands and speeds. the only thing thta happens is whatever the clocks are of the slower card the other wil clock down automatically to match it.....so find whatever in your series of card and do it.
                      "Everyone makes fun of us rednecks with our big trucks and all our guns........until the zombie apocalypse"

Comment

That's good intel namebot and venman, thanks guys!

- -

Comment

Originally posted by Namebot View Post
                          http://sites.amd.com/PublishingImage...ombo_chart.jpg (<--- yes)

The options to mix in SLI(Nvidia cards) seems much more limited, cards must be the same the same type of card(8800gt cannot mix with 8800gs even though they use the same GPU) and have the same amount of memory.
                          According to the table any of the 5970, 5870, 5850 ATI Radeon HD should go fine with my 5870, right?
                          sigpic

Comment

Yes.
                            sigpic

Comment

Thanks for the info guys! Might go get a new card after all. PL, let us know how it worked out when you get it up and running.

[unit][squadl][command2]

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X