RealTemp: Free Core Temp Monitor of Interest

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RealTemp: Free Core Temp Monitor of Interest

FYI, I just installed this RealTemp app.

"RealTemp is a temperature monitoring program designed for all Intel single Core, dual Core and quad Core processors. Each core on these processors has a digital thermal sensor (DTS) that reports temperature data relative to TjMax which is the safe maximum operating core temperature for the CPU. As your CPU heats up, your Distance to TjMax will decrease. If it reaches zero your processor will start to throttle or slow down so obviously maximizing your distance away from TjMax will help your computer to run at full speed and more reliably too."
    sigpic

Re: RealTemp: Free Core Temp Monitor of Interest

I have been using Realtemp 3 for a long time. Time to upgrade to 3.4.

|TG-12th| Troublesome4u

Comment

Hmm,

To check my core temps I cranked all the settings in BFBC2 to full. Temps jumped to 88/86/88/99 from a idle temp of 49/45/48/43. Ambient room temp is close to 90F (heat wave...).

There is a difference in the signficance of cpu temp and core temp -- not sure what my core temp is. The RealTemp monitor says I still have 25 degree headroom on max temp, but I think I'll stop everything and install that Cosiar H50 water cooler and see what difference it makes today.

More in a hour or so . . .
      sigpic

Comment

Ah RealTemp. It's pretty nice but I still like CoreTemp. :)

As for your temps, that's really high. Keep it at least under 80 C for each core.
        |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
        TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
        Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
        Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
        X