Catalyst 10.8 Drivers Are Out

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Catalyst 10.8 Drivers Are Out

For those of you with ATI cards, the latest 10.8 drives came out last Wednesday: http://sites.amd.com/us/game/downloa...downloads.aspx

I updated two days ago and haven't had any problems other than the fact I only just realized that the old OpenGL libraries (really only affect old games like Q3 titles) were removed from the Catalyst driver packages ever since 10.5.
    |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
    TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
    Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
    Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Re: Catalyst 10.8 Drivers Are Out

Here are some of the changes and improvements in the latest 10.8 release (taken from release notes):

Far Cry 2
    - Performance increases 2-6% on ATI Radeon™ HD 5800 Series single and
    CrossFire™ configurations
    - Performance increases 2-4% on ATI Radeon™ HD 5700 Series single and
    - Performance increases 3-8% on ATI Radeon™ HD 4800 Series single and
    Left 4 Dead 2
    - Performance increases 3-5% on CrossFire™ ATI Radeon™ HD 5800 series and
    CrossFire™ ATI Radeon™ HD 5700 series configurations
    Stormrise
    - Performance increases 5-10% on ATI Radeon™ HD 5600 series and ATI
    Radeon™ HD 5500 series configurations

- Opening numerous windows in Adobe Photoshop CS5 no longer causes application
    to fail
    - Re-sizing Windows Media Player while viewing 720/1080 WMV video content no
    longer causes the screen to turn black
    - "ARMA 2: Operation Arrowhead" game now works in CrossFire™ mode
    - ATI Catalyst™ Control Center enabled Anti-Aliasing is now available for StarCraft
    II
    |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
    TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
    Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
    Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Re: Catalyst 10.8 Drivers Are Out

I'm running on these drivers now, they seem stable and have given me slight performance increase in numerous games such as ArmA2 and Mafia2.
      |TG-73rd|Socomseal
      |TG-73rd Member| Former TG Irregular ArmA Platoon Leader| Former TG ArmA Admin XO| TG Pathfinder - Spartan 1 |TGU ArmA Instructor |Former TG-18th Member| |Former TG-1st Member|

"Its easy to argue about issues from afar. But until you have experienced the issue first hand, you have not seen all the facts."

Carver you will be cut off for a long time before reinforcements can reach you "I am the reinforcements the main force is only coming to bring me body bags and to clean up the mess Im about to make" - General Carver

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
      X