problem with graphics card???

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• problem with graphics card???

hey i have just recently registered to your forums because i have found they r very useful, and now i have a question for u, um my brother recently bought a new comp and everything seems to work but the only thing is, is that when we try and put the drivers on for the gfx card (gt 240 galaxy) it cant find the gfx card and then reverts back to the default settings, he has windows xp home on his comp, we have tried taking it out putting it back in but nothing works he has his monitor plugged in to the card and it works fine there is picture on it but the computer just wont recognize the graphics card or even install the drivers?. . . if u can think of anything that would help plz let me know thanks :)

Re: problem with graphics card???

If you are using the drivers off the CD that came with the card it would be worthwhile to download them directly from the Nvidia site instead.
    |TG-12th| Namebot

Comment

we have tried that and it does the same thing the cd does and it comes up with this message '' the nvidia setup program could not locate any drivers that are compatable with your current hardware setup will exit now''

Comment

Go into your device manger and see if your card is listed under the Display adapters. If it is try uninstalling the drivers. Right click -> Uninstall. It would also be recommended to use Driver Cleaner in safe mode to clear out any old driver software left behind. After that then try to install your new drivers.

Comment

the graphics card isnt under display adapters it isnt picking it up its down further under other devices with a yellow circle that has an exclamation mark in it ?

Comment

thanks for all ur help we fiddled around for a bit and it has started to recognize the gfx card thanks heaps :)

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
            X