Water dispenser

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Water dispenser

I've got a 3-nozzle water cooler (includes hot and room temperature taps) with integrated mini-refrigerator. The center (room temp) tap is dripping, probably from debris in the valve. I'd love to fix it but I can't figure out how to get it apart to get to the valves. I haven't had any luck finding a service manual online. I hate to send it to the landfill but I suspect that replacing it is cheaper than taking it to a shop to get it fixed. Any ideas on what to do?

It's a GE Profile GXCF25FBS:

http://products.geappliances.com/App...&Sku=GXCF25FBS

Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Re: Water dispenser

Have you tried the number on the site: 1-800-626-2005 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting**************1-800-626-2005******end_of_the_skype_highlighting ? Maybe they could help you with finding out how to take it apart so you could flush the internal hosing.

As for "manual", I don't think most coolers include more than a quick start guide anymore. At least mines at home doesn't (also a 3 tap cooler like yours but a different brand and a bottom loader).
    |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
    TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
    Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
    Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Haven't tried the number. I was figuring they wouldn't talk to someone outside their repair network for liability reasons (and to protect their authorized service network).

Almost no appliances provide service documentation, because of the liability issue. "No user-servicable parts inside."

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Comment

Originally posted by ScratchMonkey View Post
        Haven't tried the number. I was figuring they wouldn't talk to someone outside their repair network for liability reasons (and to protect their authorized service network).

Almost no appliances provide service documentation, because of the liability issue. "No user-servicable parts inside."
        Well you might get lucky. It is out of production anyways. Otherwise, you could try you local knowledgeable/non-knowledgeable hardware store and see if anyone there has experience taking one apart.
        |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
        TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
        Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
        Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Have you tried running a bleach solution through it? I'd try a 1:1 solution and let it sit/drip for an hour or two. Bleach will eat away lots of things, but such a weak solution shouldn't harm the plumbing... Flush with water, let dry, flush again, and it will be safe to drink. The question would be whether or not the bleach eats the debris, or if debris is even your problem.
          Become a supporting member!
          Buy a Tactical Duck!
          Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
          TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Usually its calcium deposits that keep the valve from sealing against the o-ring. White vinegar does a fair job of removing calcium and is safe than a chemical like CLR.

Comment

Vinegar and bleach both sound like promising solutions. It's been in service long enough to need both (not at the same time, of course!). I routinely use a couple tablespoons of bleach in the fountain I have outside for watering the feral cat population, to hold down algae growth and keep the water from turning into a mosquito farm. And vinegar is the classic treatment for calcium in coffee makers.

Comment

After checking the chemistry I decided mixing vinegar and bleach would be a Really Bad Idea. So I used vinegar, and it seems to have done the trick. I filled the tank with a mix of about a pint of vinegar to a gallon and ran it through the system a few times and it now seems to be sealing properly.

Comment

I'm glad it worked out for you.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse