Need MOBO help ITX

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need MOBO help ITX

okay so I had to replace a MOBO in a little micro desktop....the problem is the 24 pin power plug in....its like tiny?

This is the MOBO
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16813500044

and here are actual pics

is there an adapter or something? if there is that would be cool as hell since the cable from the power supply is 1/2 " short.

Also the power supply does not have the other 4 pin plug that would also power the MOB O?....is it even necessary?
    "Everyone makes fun of us rednecks with our big trucks and all our guns........until the zombie apocalypse"

Re: Need MOBO help ITX

Not an expert so wait for more opinions but I believe you would need a new PSU unless there is some adapter that can turn one of the plugs into the 4 pin CPU plug. They do sell 20 to 24 pin adapters but again I think the lack of a 4 pin cpu line may be the bigger problem.
    |TG-12th|mantis

Comment

I am not familiar with the form factor of the smaller plug.

What is the model of the computer or better yet the original motherboard. Finding that you then need to look for documentation on the form factor and wiring of the power plug. It may be as simple as finding an adapter for that form factor or you may cut the small plug loose and wire on a bigger one once you identify which wire is which.

I think you can try running the system without the dedicated 4 pin CPU plug.
      |TG-12th| Namebot

Comment

Dear god...you must have a HP Slimline desktop. I thought they stopped using that old trick to deter people from upgrading those SFF rigs.

You're going to need a new PSU and more than likely a mATX form factor PSU unless you don't mind having a normal ATX form factor PSU hanging outside your case some place.

Trivia: Last I knew, Delta Electronics was the OEM PSU for the HP Slimline rigs and they specifically put in a "small" 20/24-pin ATX PSU plug at the request of HP.

Ack, never mind...looks like I found one:

http://www.atxpowersupplies.com/24-p...-converter.php

Converts a HP 24 pin to a 20+4 pin ATX connector. It's also $16 + some shipping and handling charge. Ouch...it's not cheap, but better than forking over $40+ for a nice mATX PSU for your rig.
        |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
        TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
        Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
        Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

That definitely looks like one of those shrunken connectors from HP. Acreo's linked adapter should fix the issue for you.

Comment

Thats why I posted in here!...Acreo....you the man baby!!! that's exactly what I was looking for
            "Everyone makes fun of us rednecks with our big trucks and all our guns........until the zombie apocalypse"

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
            X