Nvidia's future chips

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nvidia's future chips

Nvidia is having a big show right now, and one of the biggest things to come out is word of what they have planned for the future:

Link:
    NVIDIA reveals Fermi's successor: Kepler at 28nm in 2011, Maxwell in 2013

Crossing my fingers they don't put out something as crappy as Fermi this time. Do they really think people want something that runs hotter than an easy bake oven in their game rig?

I'm sure there are some other really good articles on other sites, so if anyone spots them, please post. I'm really busy right now and haven't looked at my usual RSS sites in weeks.

LINKS

Stoop and you'll be stepped on; stand tall and you'll be shot at.

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Re: Nvidia's future chips

Do they really think people want something that runs hotter than an easy bake oven in their game rig?
    Apparently enough people do or don't care how much closer to a actual oven their PC is becoming. I've seen enough people rave about the GTX480 to make me sick and tired of reading threads that only boast about nVidia or how much better it is than the competition while discounting the noise and heat it produces.
    |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
    TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
    Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
    Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Well the thing is Nvidia has reached a thermal limit, their chips can't really get any hotter without some serious damage being done to the card or the rest of the system.I will be hopeful that AMD and Nvidia put out good hardware for us all.
      Reapator, overlord of ponies

Comment

Personally, I wouldn't be too shocked if people start trying to make their computer cases into sound proof iceboxes. The way some of those parts create heat is amazing, especially when you hear about the occasional mishaps that involve trips to the ER.

By the way, I thought Easybake ovens were heated by a bulb, so did E-ovens get that hot?

Interested in listening to guitar playing and a good conversation, look for me on TS.

"Hope is for the weak. I hope for nothing. I work for things. That is the only way for events to unfold." -Cleverbot

Comment

Originally posted by BeSiege82 View Post
          Personally, I wouldn't be too shocked if people start trying to make their computer cases into sound proof iceboxes. The way some of those parts create heat is amazing, especially when you hear about the occasional mishaps that involve trips to the ER.

By the way, I thought Easybake ovens were heated by a bulb, so did E-ovens get that hot?
          They're similar to the ones used on the buffet heating tables (though I'd assume they don't get anywhere near as hot). Last I heard, those little "toys" used specialized 100-watt bulbs as their heating element. It may not seem like much, but certainly not something to scoff at seeing how it'll make some nifty treats (and probably burn your fingers off).

Seriously, though 95 C for a graphics card alone is too hot. Couple that with everything else inside a gamers rig, and you could probably boil a pot of water inside.
          |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
          TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
          Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
          Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Just for comparisons sake guys:

Comment

Originally posted by Jeepo_SAS View Post
              Just for comparisons sake guys:

So the 6770 is basically a 5870... Interesting.

Interested in listening to guitar playing and a good conversation, look for me on TS.

"Hope is for the weak. I hope for nothing. I work for things. That is the only way for events to unfold." -Cleverbot

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
              X