Disk Management Disabled ???

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disk Management Disabled ???

I just tried to shrink a volume to add a new partiton and got an error message saying disk management was disabled. After looking around for a few minutes I tried restarting Virtual Disk in the services list and now I am getting an error saying the RPC server is not available.

I did some "tweaking" when I moved Windows 7 to my SSD, so maybe I changed something or turned something off that is preventing me from using the Disk Management Utility.

Any ideas where to look? I looked at all of my disabled services and couldn't come up with anything there.

Re: Disk Management Disabled ???

Try this: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/l...#BKMK_virtdisk
    |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
    TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
    Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
    Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

When all else fails, go DOS.

Windows logo, R, CMD

diskpart[enter]
      help[enter]

Look up the commands and take it from there.

Not sure how to fix your particular problem, but the link may prove helpful, try youtube also!

Comment

Acreo, thanks for the link but I'm not sure whether it applies here. They are talking about remote computers and I am just trying to add a couple partitions to the drive on my desktop. I'll look through that site to see if I can't find something though, it looks like there could be a lot of useful info on there.

Mojay, I tried running diskpart from the command prompt, no joy.

I don't have a ton of stuff on this drive yet, so maybe I will just back it up and reformat. I am a little worried about doing that though because whatever is keeping me from running diskpart right now might not be fixed by formatting.

Comment

Then, I'd suggest using GParted's Live CD to shrink and partition your large volume: http://gparted.sourceforge.net/livecd.php
          |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
          TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
          Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
          Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
          X