How do I save split up movies with windows movie maker on win7

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do I save split up movies with windows movie maker on win7

Anyone know how to do this? I was able to split the movie up into 4 12-minute parts and then what do you know when I clicked import or something like that, it just saved the 50+min movie, and it only let me save it as a project.

Any help is greatly needed I have this video from my aircombat.com experience that I want to upload to YouTube and share with the TG community.

So any help is greatly appreciated!!
    Randy = Ace ! - Warlab
    Level II Volunteer FireFighter
    Level I HazMat Technician
    NYS EMT-B
    Town of Mamaroneck Fire Dept.

sigpic

Bring On Project Reality 1.0!!!
    RSS Feeds:Bamboo | | 9/11 - Never Forget |
    Apophis - "TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population.
    Tactical Gamer is not mainstream.
    We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers."

Re: How do I save split up movies with windows movie maker on win7

I think you can actually export the video to youtube from movie maker live, it should be up the top on the toolbar (not at my pc).

Comment

You can, however the problem I am running into is that that I have the video split up, but I cannot save it at all, and when I click on one part of the split up movie and then click on youtube I am told that the movie is over 50 mins and unable to upload to youtube.

^I am unable to upload the split up parts.
      Randy = Ace ! - Warlab
      NYS EMT-B

sigpic

Apophis - "TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population.

Comment

Try and export the file to a wmv or avi file, then import it back into movie maker and try exporting to youtube or trim the video down to 49mins59secs.

Comment

I believe it did import it as a Avi, I can't check right now due to my brother using his computer which I uploaded the file to, but when I get a chance I will check the type of file it is.
          Randy = Ace ! - Warlab
          NYS EMT-B

sigpic

Comment

so, i think i miffed up, i thought especially after i clicked the movie, that I was editing the wmv version of the video. Turns out I was editing the mp4 version of the movie.....Don't ask me how or why this happened.

Anyways I am going to mess around with it tomorrow, and hopefully all works out.......Though I will say that I really like WIN7, the fluidity, smoothness etc...

I shall trouble you all with my beginner video editing skills or lack there of tomorrow.
            Randy = Ace ! - Warlab
            NYS EMT-B

sigpic

Comment

What is the video about? Now I'm curious after reading this thread... :p
              |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
              TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
              Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
              Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

I had the chance to experience air-to-air combat through www.aircombatusa.com

It was the scariest, awesome, most thrilling experience I have ever had.
                Randy = Ace ! - Warlab
                NYS EMT-B

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Delta*RandyShugart* View Post
                  I had the chance to experience air-to-air combat through www.aircombatusa.com

It was the scariest, awesome, most thrilling experience I have ever had.
                  Dear goodness...some of those packages are worth a new car's price...

Now I want to see your HUD cam video (or is it a nose cam?). :)
                  |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
                  Former 9th & 13th

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

^It was a birthday present, the price isn't as steep I even thought, but it was a bday present as I wouldn't be able to afford it.

Back on the main topic.

Mojay, I am able to split up the wmv project into the parts that i want, but even after saving it as the project I click on the youtube icon to upload it and it says that its too large since its over 50 mins. I also don't know how to save the individual split up portions of the video. I'm digging around the internets as I type this but can't find an answer.

I'm at the point where I just want to bring it into a place where they will split it up for me even though it might cost more than I want it to.
                    Randy = Ace ! - Warlab
                    NYS EMT-B

sigpic

Comment

You can delete the individual portions (splits) with one left and save that one to youtube then do the same again for the others or just undo the ones you deleted and save the others as seperate files.

Comment

Why not use Virtual Dub to split the file? (See this rather simply guide.)

It's open source and free. Saves you dosh. (Okay, you'll probably have to re-encode the file to make it smaller afterwards. But it sounds like you gotta do it after running it through WMM.)
                        Last edited by Acreo Aeneas; 10-22-2010, 10:05 PM.
                        |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
                        Former 9th & 13th

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                        X