Cosmic spraypaint art!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cosmic spraypaint art!

Mishkan's work reminded me a bit of a spraypaint artist that I saw perform at a street fair last weekend.

http://www.cosmouniversalart.com/

This guy made some amazing works in about twenty minutes apiece! All with just a half dozen cans of Krylon and some cardboard to create his effects. Simply amazing! Half of his art is actually in the performance that he gives while painting. He doesn't ham it up, but he paints rather quickly and he does it while sitting on the ground in front of a stereo playing techno music. When he screws up, everyone gets to see it and see how he works it into his painting. It's really fantastic. Here's a series of photos showing him paint.

I plan on contacting this guy to meet with him for a custom painting for my son. At the street fair, he was selling his paintings for $40 a piece! Quite reasonable for something that you get to watch him create and that is totally appropriate to be framed, especially in a little boy's bedroom! His paintings probably won't ever end up in a high end art gallery, but I like 'em a LOT.
    Become a supporting member!
    Buy a Tactical Duck!
    Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
    TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Re: Cosmic spraypaint art!

I saw a guy doing this in North Ga. Wonder if it was the same guy? Simply amazing! The entire time I was sitting there going WHOA! Never thought of that before! Amazing use of normal everyday stuff to create art.

In the pursuit of... something.

Comment

Yah, that sort of stuff is awesome. I bought one from a guy in Florence near the Uffizi(I think). That sort of stuff is really awesome.
      [age-c1] [gchq-c1] [air2] [tog-c1][tpf-c1]
      [tg-c1]<victory

Comment

I have one of this guys pieces! He was doing a street fair thing down at Hollywood Beach in Florida and I bought one of the paintings after he finished it. I'll see if I can scan the thing in or get a decent picture of it to post. It's quite cool.
        Diplomacy is the art of saying "good doggie" while looking for a bigger stick.

Comment

Originally posted by Apophis
          I'll see if I can scan the thing in or get a decent picture of it to post.
          I was pretty disappointed in the quality of the images in his website's gallery. They're just poor photos of finished pieces, it looks like. If you could scan it in, that would be cool!

I have to wait until August for him to come back to Texas, he's performing in Alabama right now...
          Buy a Tactical Duck!
          Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."

Comment

There's always a guy doing these at every Mexican beach town I've ever been to. The first one I bought in '93 for $10 is still on a shelf somewhere. I don't know if it started down there of if this dude has been around that long and it's picked up as a tourism business down there.
            New to TG?

Comment

Originally posted by USN_Squid
              There's always a guy doing these at every Mexican beach town I've ever been to. The first one I bought in '93 for $10 is still on a shelf somewhere. I don't know if it started down there of if this dude has been around that long and it's picked up as a tourism business down there.
              No, from what I understand, the style originated in Mexico City and there are lots of people doing it. If you Google the three words in the subject of this thread, you'll find lots more...
              Buy a Tactical Duck!

Comment

I bought one in San Francisco. Watched the guy do it.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                X