First Real Photoshop Try......

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First Real Photoshop Try......

I played around with filters and stuff like that before, but I tried pretty hard and this is the best that I came up with. Tell me what you think, and Ill take it well dont worry, unless you directly insult me.. ;)

Heres what I started out with:

|CS:S Development Team|

Re: First Real Photoshop Try......

Most of the fiilters are bad for your health, when you're starting off tutorials and filters are ok. But the faster you move away from them the better. Woops.
    [age-c1] [gchq-c1] [air2] [tog-c1][tpf-c1]
    [tg-c1]<victory

Comment

I that looks pretty awsome, the filtering isnt that obvious, but that layer style bevel on the text it :S

good job though!

AKA TG Xink | http://www.andy-hook.co.uk

Comment

similiar to my eye

Comment

You'll get photoshop jockeys complaining about filters, but the end result is what counts, and that is slick.

Comment

I'm a photoshop professional and you'll see alot of people saying filters SUCK. I say whatever gets the job done, use it. If you have ever done intensive photoshop work you'll know that filters are a godsend. Anyway it looks good skidmark, One thing you wanna practice is using the all the tools and different layers and blending modes. Try quick masking in conjuction with blending modes. Use some hand tools that help give your art character. I find that ripping images apart and playing them and then putting them together can be alot of fun and helps you learn photoshop when your starting out.

Good work!

Btw i've been using photoshop intensively for 10 years. I even worked for Adobe ;)

- -

Comment

Originally posted by Sabooya
              yes I agree with vulcan Filters and default brushes, are their to help you and make a cool logo.
              They are the basic set of tools for any digital artist. Going further is far more difficult and making it look professional is an exercise in patience.

- -

Comment

I don't mind the real default brushes, but the ones with the boxes that people just whore out get annoying. And the real professional work is accomplished without a majority of the filters at all. (Except for 3d abstracts and the sort).

See arcipello, greg martin, and a few others. (The real professionals)
                [age-c1] [gchq-c1] [air2] [tog-c1][tpf-c1]
                [tg-c1]<victory

Comment

Originally posted by Vulcan
                  I'm a photoshop professional and you'll see alot of people saying filters SUCK. I say whatever gets the job done, use it. If you have ever done intensive photoshop work you'll know that filters are a godsend. Anyway it looks good skidmark, One thing you wanna practice is using the all the tools and different layers and blending modes. Try quick masking in conjuction with blending modes. Use some hand tools that help give your art character. I find that ripping images apart and playing them and then putting them together can be alot of fun and helps you learn photoshop when your starting out.

Good work!

Btw i've been using photoshop intensively for 10 years. I even worked for Adobe ;)
                  Thanks the for the professional reply Ill really take into consideration what you said and will hopefully get better. I live to draw and love computers. Thats what I want to go to college for. Just not an exact idea yet. Im thinking about soemthing like architecture or something along those lines.
                  |CS:S Development Team|

Comment

remembering that this is a logo, and needs to be useful on computer screens, paper, t-shirts, banners, and other screenprints. I would like some feedback on my latest photoshop...

with the full size image here

I am personally quite happy with the look, and proud of the result, but I would be open to constructive criticism so long as it were helpful, not just degrading slander.
                    Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -Albert Einstein
                    The two most common elements in the universe are Hydrogen and stupidity. -Harlan Ellison

If all else fails: "rm -rf /"

Comment

Dog is that Kara fonts there?

It looks great btw, did you design the figure yourself? I can't honestly give you any advice to tweak it further. It's perfect as is IMO.

- -

Comment

the font is pythia.... the guy is a revision of a tribal god of mischief --- I think.... the original one faces the other way and is holding a sword instead of a cross....

thanks for the compliments though.
                        Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -Albert Einstein
                        The two most common elements in the universe are Hydrogen and stupidity. -Harlan Ellison

Comment

It's great! But as a logo, you might want to make a version that is made of a few solid colors, for the reasons you originally mentioned. Keep using the fancy version in appropriate places, but silk screening, printed stationary, etc. will be much cheaper and more professional looking if you can come up with a logo that uses solid colors. Then again, if this isn't going to be a very big project, the costs associated with using your fancy logo instead of a simple one would be negligible...

Either way, it's a sharp looking logo!
                          Become a supporting member!
                          Buy a Tactical Duck!
                          Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
                          TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

I have modified this for shirts, and it is way less impressive, WAY less impressive. but yeah, silk-screening does not like the tribe guy as is.... the rest transfers really well.

Comment

The problem with the silk screening is probably the drop shadow effect and the fact that your red is the back ground and then blends into the guy logo as well.

Trying taking out the bevel effect for the guy and see if that works better.

- -

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X