My latest toy... a Mosquito

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My latest toy... a Mosquito

I've wanted a Mosquito for a while, so I grabbed one during a sale at the local firearms dealer.

Now I own a Jericho 941, a Glock 17, and a Sig P220.

Next up, an FN Five Seven, but probably not until the Holidays. Ammo for that thing is expensive!

Feel free to contribute. What's your latest firearm?

Current ARMA Development Project: No Current Project

"An infantryman needs a leader to be the standard against which he can judge all soldiers."

Friend of |TG| Chief

Re: My latest toy... a Mosquito

My daily concealed carry Kel-Tec PF9 with red laser;

Comment

My daily carry. Walther PPS. Love this gun!

"Everyone makes fun of us rednecks with our big trucks and all our guns........until the zombie apocalypse"

Comment

If you like small tactical .22 pistols, check out the Ruger SR22. It's easily the top in it's class.

The Mosquito has had a very sour reputation for reliability from what I understand. However there are lemons and gems in all models from all makers.

"Everytime I read your posts I do it with Morgan Freeman's voice in my head as if he is narrating your life" - Aimed

Comment

My sons GSG 1911 in .22 is awesome as well. Actually, GSG makes the Sig 1911 if that tells ya anything :)
          "Everyone makes fun of us rednecks with our big trucks and all our guns........until the zombie apocalypse"

Comment

I had a GSG 1911 when the first hit the US. I liked it, but I traded it for an all stainless Ruger Mk2 5.5".

It was a good trade.

"Everytime I read your posts I do it with Morgan Freeman's voice in my head as if he is narrating your life" - Aimed

Comment

Originally posted by Damonte View Post
              If you like small tactical .22 pistols, check out the Ruger SR22. It's easily the top in it's class.

The Mosquito has had a very sour reputation for reliability from what I understand. However there are lemons and gems in all models from all makers.
              This is a gen 4 model, which, apparently, has many improvements over the previous generations. I'll have to choose my ammo wisely though, that seems to be the consensus.

It's got a long trigger pull with quite a bit of motion before the action, but I've only put fifty rounds through it so far. Aguila 22LR hollowpoints. Not one jam or misfire yet. I love the fit, it fits perfectly in my smaller hand. Also love the decocker and the sights. A bit top heavy, but that's a SIG.

I'm considering purchasing a compensator and a threaded barrel for this one, but that's down the road.

@Damonte I've not held that one before, but seen it in the glass at the store. That's the one with the slick looking saftey on it, yes?

@Chief That Keltec, how is the trigger draw on that thing? My mosquito requires 12 lbs, it's a bit heavy at the moment. I dig the design of that 9.

@Ven I want that gun. How is it on the range?

I'm eyeing a Walther p22. Nice little fit too.

Also, I live in Illinois, I'm more likely to be elected Govenator than be able to carry anytime soon. We have to be issued a FOID card before you can even hold a super soaker at the toy store.
              Last edited by Dimitrius; 06-20-2013, 02:47 AM.

"An infantryman needs a leader to be the standard against which he can judge all soldiers."

Friend of |TG| Chief

Comment

Originally posted by Dimitrius View Post
                This is a gen 4 model, which, apparently, has many improvements over the previous generations. I'll have to choose my ammo wisely though, that seems to be the consensus.

It's got a long trigger pull with quite a bit of motion before the action, but I've only put fifty rounds through it so far. Aguila 22LR hollowpoints. Not one jam or misfire yet. I love the fit, it fits perfectly in my smaller hand. Also love the decocker and the sights. A bit top heavy, but that's a SIG.

I'm considering purchasing a compensator and a threaded barrel for this one, but that's down the road.

@Damonte I've not held that one before, but seen it in the glass at the store. That's the one with the slick looking saftey on it, yes?

@Chief That Keltec, how is the trigger draw on that thing? My mosquito requires 12 lbs, it's a bit heavy at the moment. I dig the design of that 9.

@Ven I want that gun. How is it on the range?

I'm eyeing a Walther p22. Nice little fit too.

Also, I live in Illinois, I'm more likely to be elected Govenator than be able to carry anytime soon. We have to be issued a FOID card before you can even hold a super soaker at the toy store.
                I've owned my share of carry pieces. The PPS is accurate far past what a compact should be

Comment

@Dimitrius - Please do yourself a favor and do not buy a Walther P22 (my opinion). Walther is owned by Umarex, and manufactures a number of firearms under the Walther name. Not all are made this way though, some are still done by Walther and done well like the PPS. The P22 however is not made at the Walther facility in Ulm. The bigger complaints of the P22 is that it is very sensitive to ammo, you can't just shoot anything through it. It's very sensitive to fouling (being dirty). But the biggest complaint has been the quality of the metal used in the construction of the slide. It's a zinc alloy metal that has not stood up well to the fatigue of reasonable usage. Here are some examples:

Those are from this thread: http://thefiringline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=172363

A few years later Ruger released the SR22. It is very similar, but it has a fully machined aluminum slide with a steel insert around the slide stop to absorb the impact. People (consumers) have run over 8000 rounds through them without any issue and like almost all Ruger pistols it will chew through almost all forms of ammo. I know mine has.

I would go and handle both the P22 and the SR22 before making the purchase. You got a little more than my two cents, but there you go.
                  Last edited by Damonte; 06-20-2013, 10:14 AM.

Comment

If I may, if your looking for a .22 pistol for fun. I own the baretta neo, my daughter shoots it with a red dot on top and it is the cheapest .22 pistol on the market, eats every ammo known to man, is amazingly accurate, and will run incredibly dirty.....all for around $280. Its built very, very well

Comment

+1 to the Beretta NEOS.

I bought the SR22 primary for my wife to carry. The NEOS is much larger. It is a target pistol whereas the SR22 is more of a tactical service pistol design.

Comment

http://northamericanarms.com/firearms/minis/bw-1.html

Here is a little toy that could be interesting.

Interested in listening to guitar playing and a good conversation, look for me on TS.

"Hope is for the weak. I hope for nothing. I work for things. That is the only way for events to unfold." -Cleverbot

Comment

FN Five Seven...expensive to buy, expensive to shoot. I've only heard great things about it though, except the price tag.

Here's my only pistol right now. I used to own a Glock 22 (stolen) and a Beretta PX4 Storm (sold it-didn't like how it handled).

Glock 17 Gen 3 w/ TruGlo TFO sights, upgraded mag release (going to upgrade again to one with the extension like this, but a bigger paddle), 5 mags, Blackhawk CQC mag holster and my 2 holsters.

In the future I plan on getting a Glock 17 Gen 4 for battle carry and a Glock 19 Gen 4 for concealed carry.

Comment

@Damonte. Good lord. Thats a full slide break O.O

Friend of |TG| Chief

Comment

Not really a handgun but a recent purchase. My new deer rifle

New scopes actually coming in this week.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X