• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sks project

My new toy

Started out as a plain jane sks

Modified the stock to accept drop mags.

Finally went all in with it.
    "Everyone makes fun of us rednecks with our big trucks and all our guns........until the zombie apocalypse"

Re: Sks project

Not bad. May I ask, why didn't you just get an AK-47? Like a WASR-10?

What's the country of origin of that rifle? I'm wanting to get a SKS (cause I have about 1,400 rounds of 7.62x39 sitting around), but I won't settle on anything but a Yugo.

Comment

Mines Chinese norinco. . Well made and so far runs everything i throw down it. Ak's are over priced. I can get a sks with the same reliability for half the cost of an ak.
      "Everyone makes fun of us rednecks with our big trucks and all our guns........until the zombie apocalypse"

Comment

Originally posted by Ven View Post
        Mines Chinese norinco. . Well made and so far runs everything i throw down it. Ak's are over priced. I can get a sks with the same reliability for half the cost of an ak.
        Yeah, problem for me is SKSs are still overpriced also. What did you pay for yours?

Comment

I have a NORINCO SKS as well. Never been fired. It has the star type bayonet and full cleaning kit intact. I even got a few boxes of NORINCO ammo with it.

I've had it for a few years now, but I think I paid $75 for it.
          Diplomacy is the art of saying "good doggie" while looking for a bigger stick.

Comment

Hey Apo i'll give ya $200. ......no really. Im looking for another. I got mine for a trade. Total trade value was $100.

Comment

Tapco, gross!

But if you get another, promise you'll keep it in it's wooden stock?

My buddy just got an Albanian with trench art - it was probably used in the Yugo civil wars. Other than the occasional ZOMG SLAMFIRE it's a beauty.
              Skud

Comment

Originally posted by Skud View Post
                Tapco, gross!

But if you get another, promise you'll keep it in it's wooden stock?

My buddy just got an Albanian with trench art - it was probably used in the Yugo civil wars. Other than the occasional ZOMG SLAMFIRE it's a beauty.
                Slam fire means a crudded up firing pin
                Either get the spring loaded pin or dis assemble the assembly and give it a good cleaning

Comment

I'm not a gun owner but I can appreciate the weapon.

It's hard to believe that is the same weapon. You painted it obviously, modified the butt end heavily, added a front handle and added optics. Anything else a noob would miss?

Is it a special paint?

Impressive...
                  sigpic
                  |TG-1st|Grunt
                  ARMA Admin (retired)
                  Pathfinder-Spartan 5

Comment

Originally posted by Grunt 70 View Post
                    I'm not a gun owner but I can appreciate the weapon.

It's hard to believe that is the same weapon. You painted it obviously, modified the butt end heavily, added a front handle and added optics. Anything else a noob would miss?

Is it a special paint?

Impressive...
                    It's actually a different stock. Polymer stock and mags. It's my hunting/SHTF weapon.

I hate stripper clips skud....... And I Firmly believe any good weapon gets better with drop mags. :)

Comment

Better that a Norinco SKS has Tapco stuff on it than a Russian or Eastern European SKS.

"Over the din of battle could be heard Lancerís maniacal laughter and it spurned us on to stay the course, not to give up, and enjoy." - Grimmfist

Comment

Originally posted by TheLancerMancer View Post
                        Better that a Norinco SKS has Tapco stuff on it than a Russian or Eastern European SKS.
                        Word!

Comment

Little update. Added a utg quad rail to give it a little more versatility.

Comment

Tactical beverage holder incoming. :row__586:
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DeF View Post
                              Tactical beverage holder incoming. :row__586:
                              That drink better have a lid/cap on it. Else its gonna spill all over his purty SKS. :p
                              |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
                              TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
                              Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
                              Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X