BF4 FGM-172 SRAW AT missile, more then just for armor... VIDEO

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BF4 FGM-172 SRAW AT missile, more then just for armor... VIDEO

Just unlocked and really liking this new AT wire-guided missile, the FGM-172 SRAW, So much better and more powerful then the Jav, any of you AT missile experts, is that how it's suppose to be? I always that the Jav was the number 1 AT missile platform.

Thou in this case, I used it for close range AA, probably not a real possibility?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TcSyeYHTYGw

Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Re: BF4 FGM-172 SRAW AT missile, more then just for armor... VIDEO

the odd thing I have noticed is that the jav tends to lose its target... Is this better then?

Interested in listening to guitar playing and a good conversation, look for me on TS.

"Hope is for the weak. I hope for nothing. I work for things. That is the only way for events to unfold." -Cleverbot

Comment

ya, that's what I mean, the Jav rarely hits the target, this one depends more on YOUR tracking skills.
      Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Comment

Started playing with the SRAW recently and I love it to bits! Technically since its wire guided it can be used for targeting just about anything (IRL), Javs lockon to heat sources so they can be problematic if its cold or heat sources aren't easily identifiable from each other.

[unit][squadl][command2]

KnyghtMare ~You could always tell the person holding the gun to your head you would like to play on a different server...

Comment

Originally posted by BeSiege82 View Post
          the odd thing I have noticed is that the jav tends to lose its target... Is this better then?
          At the risk of stating the obvious....You are holding the lock with your mouse until impact, yes? If you don't hold the lock manually the missle loses it's target. Armor on the move is difficult to maintain a lock with but anything standing still is going to be hit.
          sigpic
          |TG-1st|Grunt
          ARMA Admin (retired)
          Pathfinder-Spartan 5

Comment

Originally posted by Grunt 70 View Post
            At the risk of stating the obvious....You are holding the lock with your mouse until impact, yes? If you don't hold the lock manually the missle loses it's target. Armor on the move is difficult to maintain a lock with but anything standing still is going to be hit.
            This is a major change considering that the Javelin platform is strictly fire-and-forget as in once the missile has been fired operating personnel can clear the area immediately afterwards. BF3 followed this so not sure why they changed it in BF4.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DeF View Post
              This is a major change considering that the Javelin platform is strictly fire-and-forget as in once the missile has been fired operating personnel can clear the area immediately afterwards. BF3 followed this so not sure why they changed it in BF4.
              Seriously, it makes it so that the Jav is basically pointless. If it had more range, did more damage, fired a direct fire found, or was fire and forget it would be so much better.
              "Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." -Abraham Lincoln
              ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Comment

Originally posted by Pale Horseman View Post
                Seriously, it makes it so that the Jav is basically pointless. If it had more range, did more damage, fired a direct fire found, or was fire and forget it would be so much better.
                Actually no, the javelin is still useful. The SRAW travels slower (speed) than the Jav's rocket. Also, the SRAW does not lock onto laser guides (aka if you laze a target). The round also blows up after a certain distance rather than having better range like the Jav's. The SRAW also has trouble firing over obstacles to hit a tank or armor behind cover (at least usually you'll be making guesses with it).
                |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
                TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
                Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
                Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Originally posted by Acreo Aeneas View Post
                  Actually no, the javelin is still useful. The SRAW travels slower (speed) than the Jav's rocket. Also, the SRAW does not lock onto laser guides (aka if you laze a target). The round also blows up after a certain distance rather than having better range like the Jav's. The SRAW also has trouble firing over obstacles to hit a tank or armor behind cover (at least usually you'll be making guesses with it).
                  Wait...are you talking about IRL or BF4?

EDIT: The SRAW does lock onto a laser designated target, and I have used the SRAW across nearly the entire map on Altai Range whereas the Javelin has a max distant from which it can lock on (something like 300m I think). I cannot recall ever having a SRAW blow up after traveling a certain distance.

I think you are maybe thinking of the SMAW.
                  Last edited by Pale Horseman; 08-31-2014, 03:16 AM.
                  "Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." -Abraham Lincoln
                  ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Comment

The SRAW rocket does blow up after being in flight for a certain amount of time. I've experienced this while chasing aircraft with one - mainly if the aircraft is REALLY far out or REALLY high up. I.E. the gunship, a hovering chopper at super high altitude across the map.
                    |TG|FullMetalDrummer

That one drummer guy who spins his hair and hits things with sticks

sigpic

Comment

I don't remember ever being able to lock-fire-and-forget with a SRAW launcher. It's a guided wire rocket, why would it have the ability to lock onto laser designated targets? (Also consider how slow and sluggish the rocket is.)
                      |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
                      TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
                      Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
                      Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Originally posted by Acreo Aeneas View Post
                        I don't remember ever being able to lock-fire-and-forget with a SRAW launcher. It's a guided wire rocket, why would it have the ability to lock onto laser designated targets? (Also consider how slow and sluggish the rocket is.)
                        It does have the ability to lock onto laser designated targets. And it is fire and forget. Once you get a tone and send a rocket, you can scope out, reload and send another one if you want. Or just watch the fireworks.

Check it - laser designation and fire-and-forget in action. Go to about 10:54 to see.
                        |TG|FullMetalDrummer

That one drummer guy who spins his hair and hits things with sticks

sigpic

Comment

Interesting video, might swap out the RPG and start using the SRAW more often then! (tended to only use the SRAW on open maps like golmund)

Seems his missiles are very responsive, is that just a console thing?
                          AnimalMother
                          Ex TG-31st LR
                          "Is it the 31st policy to have hott women as their avatars? Because if so that's a pretty baddass policy." - Pvt. brokeback
                          sigpic

Arte et Marte

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...