Purchased My New Motorcycle

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Purchased My New Motorcycle

Since I'm getting older, riding my crotch rocket had become more and more painful. So, I finally sold it and got what my stepdad calls a "real bike". It's an '05 Yamaha V Star 1100

[unit][squadl][command2]

KnyghtMare ~You could always tell the person holding the gun to your head you would like to play on a different server...

Re: Purchased My New Motorcycle

Hmmm, Japanese imitation of a real bike, maybe.
    Forewarned is Forearmed

Comment

I can't win sometimes lol...

[unit][squadl][command2]

KnyghtMare ~You could always tell the person holding the gun to your head you would like to play on a different server...

Comment

Dredge as a fellow rider, take my fathers advice. He rode Harleys until a few years ago.

He says to me, "Son, there are two types of people. People who don't care what you ride ...and jerks."

Sometimes a mix of the both =)

I currently ride a non-American cruiser and who cares.
        Last edited by Dimitrius; 10-08-2015, 10:56 PM. Reason: Can't use the real word he said. Language filter lol

Current ARMA Development Project: No Current Project

"An infantryman needs a leader to be the standard against which he can judge all soldiers."

Friend of |TG| Chief

Comment

I'm of the opinion that as long as you ride, you're cool by me. My Stepdad always ragged on me for running rice rockets. Now that I have this he actually complemented it lol. Said "yeah, its pretty nice".

[unit][squadl][command2]

Comment

They do say imitation is the sincerest form of flattery and, of course, I HAVE TO give Dredge grief over running a Japanese twin (even if they are easier to keep and maintain). I rode Yamahas in another incarnation (650 twin-patterned on the Triumph, 750, and 850 triples also based on Triumph designs). At this point there is a Bonneville in my future.

And I'll assume the title of "Jerk" with pleasure, ty Dimitrius.
            Forewarned is Forearmed

Comment

Giving people grief over riding foreign (esp. Japanese) bikes is a time honored tradition. I'll never forget, once many years ago (I must have been around 18-20 years old) I used to work at a restaurant, I rode a Honda CB650 to work at that time, and was late one day because I ran out of gas. After being scolded by my boss for being late, this old biker dude (I think his name was Grizzly) came up to me and told me to put my hand out, which he then proceeded to pour rice into.
              "The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it." - George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Hahahahaha. Biker culture sure is fun ain't it??

[unit][squadl][command2]

Comment

Nice wheels.
                  That 'time honoured tradition' is mostly across the pond I found, not really in the UK. Either way, rice burners are just juvenile to me. Maybe I'm getting old too. :)

TGU Instructor · TG Pathfinder

Former TGU Dean · Former ARMA Admin · Former Irregulars Officer

"Do not seek death. Death will find you. But seek the road which makes death a fulfillment." - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

http://www.answers.com/article/12851...ram1=343412040

Lead bike in the article is what I have my heart set on.
                    Forewarned is Forearmed

Comment

Originally posted by LpBronco View Post
                      And I'll assume the title of "Jerk" with pleasure, ty Dimitrius.
                      Thank my dad for that one, I think you're just another rider like me.

"An infantryman needs a leader to be the standard against which he can judge all soldiers."

Friend of |TG| Chief

Comment

Originally posted by LpBronco View Post
                        http://www.answers.com/article/12851...s¶m1=343412040

Lead bike in the article is what I have my heart set on.
                        Gorgeous motorcycle.

Friend of |TG| Chief

Comment

Dredge you made an excellent choice! I'm reading a series of novels whose author makes a mention of the V-Star being perhaps one of the most popular and most dependable cruising bikes out there. A quick search in Google and Wikipedia seems to confirm that it is a popular bike and your "Classic" version is highly sought after.
                          |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
                          TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
                          Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
                          Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Originally posted by Randy_Shughart_ClwFL View Post
                            Giving people grief over riding foreign (esp. Japanese) bikes is a time honored tradition. I'll never forget, once many years ago (I must have been around 18-20 years old) I used to work at a restaurant, I rode a Honda CB650 to work at that time, and was late one day because I ran out of gas. After being scolded by my boss for being late, this old biker dude (I think his name was Grizzly) came up to me and told me to put my hand out, which he then proceeded to pour rice into.
                            Yeah, in my experience it's juvenile because the only two people I know who do this, do it Everytime they are around others with different make motorcycles. It gets childish is my point. Once in a while is okay, but the people who do this constantly are difficult to be around.

Just my experience.

Friend of |TG| Chief

Comment

My dad rode a Yamaha, and he always said to was a great ride, and s long as it feels good under you it doesn't matter what the brand is. I know people that swear by Harley, but maintenance costs on a Yamaha is so much lower, and its not all that much different when it comes to the joy of riding.

I hope to get a bike soon. Congrats on the purchase, Dredge; be careful, but have fun.

When I want to drool over some motorcycles, I like what these guys do: DP Custom Motorcycles. The 'cafe racer' style of bike is by far my favorite.
                              "Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power." -Abraham Lincoln
                              ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X