Help with my sig please

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with my sig please

I've been wanting to make my own sig for awhile now and force myself to learn some Photoshop. Witness below my first amateurish attempt. I'm actually pretty pleased with it, but there is one problem. The masks are perfect in PS 7, but when I optimize the file as gif 128 non-dithered it looks like there are border pixels or noise on the edges (dithered looks the same to me).

I thought the best way to fix it would be to match the background with a grey rather than transparent (which works), but I want to use it on other forums besides TG.

Any ideas or suggestions are very welcome, thanks!

Last edited by USN_Squid; 09-22-2005, 10:29 PM.
    New to TG?

Re: Help with my sig please

No idea. But I was going to offer to bumvertise a sig for you. For a small fee I can make my autosig say anything you want.

ANYTHING.

Comment

Originally posted by leejo
      No idea. But I was going to offer to bumvertise a sig for you. For a small fee I can make my autosig say anything you want.

ANYTHING.
      Are you a longhorn fan (no I didn't forget to capitalize it)?
      New to TG?

Comment

If you used any of the photoshop selection tools to chop off the background behind the plane or w/e, you need to make sure you use non anti-aliased chopping/selecting/painting/etc (so you'll need to re-cut the plane). Just be sure to uncheck any anti-alias box you see, except maybe text :)

Comment

I'll try and fix it...give me a few minutes.

Is this how you were trying to get it to look like?

Before:

After:

I just copied the image off the forums here and got that black background. Now that I think of it, I don't think I helped you at all. lol, I think your trying to make it a link (or something like that) and that's where those white outlines are coming from?
          I'm not the Killer Man...
          I'm the Killer Man's son...
          But I'll do the killing...
          Until the Killer Man comes...

Comment

Originally posted by rs_al
            If you used any of the photoshop selection tools to chop off the background behind the plane or w/e, you need to make sure you use non anti-aliased chopping/selecting/painting/etc (so you'll need to re-cut the plane). Just be sure to uncheck any anti-alias box you see, except maybe text :)
            Hmm, that's a good lead, thanks. I'll check that out and see if it helps.

Originally posted by Rahn
            I just copied the image off the forums here and got that black background. Now that I think of it, I don't think I helped you at all. lol, I think your trying to make it a link (or something like that) and that's where those white outlines are coming from?
            Well kinda. I'm hosting it at imageshack.us for the time being, and they create a link out of it to their site. Could that be the reason? I gotta get my tg space setup I guess.
            New to TG?

Comment

you got AIM?

I can help you easier if we could talk one on one.

Rahn EZ is my aim.

I hosted it at imageshack also.
              Do you want the black to be there? I'm guess no because you didn't have it on the original. Maybe the link is coming from there being no color there, just a layer and imageshack automatically creates a link there? Hmmm.
              I'm not the Killer Man...
              I'm the Killer Man's son...
              But I'll do the killing...
              Until the Killer Man comes...

Comment

Originally posted by rs_al
                I never thought about that causing problems but that's so right. It makes pixels near the edge semi-transparent and GIF can't do that so that's why there's the white background.

- It's who you game with.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                X